Range fees in your parts.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be a member of a pretty nice gun club that cost $80/year but required “work days” a couple times a year.
There’s a relatively new bow shop/gun store with a range (I’ve never been there), and I hear they charge $20/session or $300/year to be a member.
I live quite a ways out of town and own land, so I have put together a range beside my barn. I do a lot more shooting this way. :lewis:

As I have moved, and now firing and buying more guns, I've just started wondering fees.
I have a gunsmith with a range north of me I have used.
25. 100, and 300 yard outdoor range. Only a couple picnic tables for use. They will let you use the lead sled and bags.
$20 hour.

I have a 50 yard range off the back deck. Building a 100 yard one over the food plot.
And bought my own leadsled 2.

Though I will likely still pay to shoot the 300 and yet to come 600 yard range at times. But the owner needs to invest in good shooting tables.

Am in Eastern Ma. My club has trap, skeet and 5 stand. Club house with an indoor range in the basement. A 50' and 2 75' pistol ranges and a 50 and 100 yard rifle range. The outdoor ranges are no blue sky. Also has a decent pond for some fishing and walking trails. I think it is about 250 acres.
Also has a match every 1st and 3rd Sunday roughly April thru December. IDPA, USPCA, etc.
$175 initiation and $175 per year.
Most of all the others around me have life time waiting lists

my range is under $100 Canadian has a skeet,silhouette range,a blackpowder walking trail,1000+ rifle range and there's a rendezvous each year and a little town for CASS shooting

Those are deals! Our main range goes to 1100 yards, plus two other ranges that go from 400 to 800 yds. All ranges have multiple steel targets (usually 4 to 5 different ones) at every 100 yards. Limited to 30 members but costs $600 a year but $500 for us senior citizens!

I live in a very rural area and own a farm. I have one field I can shoot 800+ yds in if the urge hits me. My son in law has a large shop by his house, with a reloading room built in it 1/4 of a mile from me. We set up a 25,75,100,200 and 250 yard range that we shoot from a bench in a window of the reloading room. You can load a bullet, swivel your chair around, load it in a rifle on the bench and shoot it without ever getting out of the chair.

That sounds really awesome! Though I don't know if you'd be missing something by not going outside but it's still really awesome!

Here in NW Oregon outdoor 100 yard Rifle, and 3 -25 yard pistol ranges is $150.00 per year.. The larger Tri-county club has 100, 200," 600yard special event" countless pistol , indoor 22 range, Several Shotgun, Black powder and Pistol is going to be $330.00 this year, Has a waiting list to get in, But very nice facilities, This range has countless rules which is good and bad. You can never be too safe.

I guess I do not have range fees at our farm but then again if I figure the real estate taxes it would be cheaper to use my local range. Just nice to be able to go to the farm anytime and no waiting etc.

So Cal. Prices vary around the region but the closest to me is $16 PER HOUR. That said, I have never paid anything. Ranges used to be free and I sometimes went but mainly I use public land by walking right out the front door. Problem is, a few clever people have discovered this so it may not be safe as in the past. I really hesitate when I go walking out there. There is another problem too. Its no longer clear if police have jurisdiction over this or other public lands so if Im caught walking around with guns it could spell doom. But for 50 years I had the whole place to myself. People should research jurisdiction issues in their areas because things have changed in the past 3-5 years. Used to be that police couldnt arrest anyone on BLM land but the federal authorities have thinned down and are delegating law enforcement to others.

I would think $16 per hour is not only reasonable but pales in comparison to lawyers fees.

Here in NC, near me is a NC Wildlife public land, it has a shooting range that is free, however only 5 tables for rifles, 5 for archery, 5 for handguns. They also dont allow anything .50 and up in caliber.......
The public land is huge for being around here, over 16000 acres² and out of deer and turkey season it is pretty much empty but no target shooting outside the range allowed.

We have a couple of Division of Wildlife Resources run ranges in Utah, but all of the range officers I've dealt with at the DWR ranges are arrogant jerks. The Lion's Club in Bountiful runs a great range and the range officers are cordial, knowledgeable and fun to talk with. All day shooting runs $7.00 if you're not a Lion's Club member. Law enforcement and military personnel shoot FREE. They have a pistol range, 100, 200 and 300 yard rifle ranges and trap and skeet.

I'm a member of a Conservation Club that has a small 2-bench 100 yard range, a shotgun range, 60 yard archery range, and a small lake and the membership dues just went from $90 to $100 this year.

Latest posts

Back