Range opens soon!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
I am pleased to report that the mi DNR range in my area will be opening on the 20th.

I have held onto one of my CVA wolf rifles. I have repeatedly cleaned it and it is almost 100. I did follow some of the other posters suggestions. In the end it was just ridiculous amounts of scrubbing and swabbing and repeating. In either case it's nearly clean and ready to go.

I also wanted to mention that Midway USA has acknowledged my return and is refunding my money for the first rifle. I have since bought items from muzzleloader.com as well that I've worked out really well. They seem like a solid company as does Midway.

Hopefully my next post wokou pictures of three shot groups from the CVA. Good luck and God bless is seacrest out.

The way "Witless" has been giving out "executive orders", lets hope the state's ranges will open. Private/public ranges have been open, but no clubhouse openings.

The way "Witless" has been giving out "executive orders", lets hope the state's ranges will open. Private/public ranges have been open, but no clubhouse openings.
Yeah looking like ortonville range is open! I thought they were waiting until the 20th.

Now I'm trying to find some printable targets for sighting in the rifle at 50 yards. Then I will zero it at a hundred.

Here is one used for sighting in...Just click on the target and it will open it on your computer for printing.

https://www.targets.ws/sight-in-targets.htm
Perfect I'm almost all set. Remember that list for newbies day at the range that I created. I forgot one crucial component. The bag to put all the stuff in. I got a dig through my closet and see if I got a backpack so I don't look like a hobo at the shooting range.

Can't wait to see what type of groups I get! I will keep you guys posted. I'm thinking I'm going to take the old Hatsan air rifle too.

Back