Re-sizing 460 GG to 452??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say I did it for muzzleloaders before. I did it when casting slugs for 12 gauge sabot loads. I just lay one file flat, place the bullet on top and roll it with the other file using medium pressure

If you want pictures, give me your email . I am not a techy and don't know how to post pictures.

Bullet worked very well... Through some trials I found what worked for me... lubed bullets with homemade beeswax/olive oil lube, ran thru Lee .451 sizer then knurled them between two mill files, leaving the bottom band without knurls.. knurling not only increased the diameter, but also allowed for additional grease to soften fouling.. after knurling, I hand lubed them again, wiping off any excess... I shot them in my Knight 45 DISC Extreme with 75grains(by volume) Swiss 3F, cardboard overpowder wad from milk carton, then a thick felt wad under the bullet...

Took a nice large doe this morning with the bullet... she was a little over a 100 yds and bullet completely penetrated her... I was hoping to recover it to see how it expanded.

Thanks to all... now I have half of my project completed.. the Gould will work well in my ML.. nowto get it to shoot in the 45-70 Sharps.. but that is another day... I've got a deer to skin and cut up.

Thanks again,

TheMoose

Great news!! We knew thatGould bullet perform admirably. How far did that doe go? I had to work today but it rained on our Early PA ML season. My son is taking his two boys out shortly and will be shooting the same Gould bullet.

I’m going to try and get out in the afternoon during the week or definitely this weekend with my other two grandsons.

Ed,

She went less than 100yds.. I misjudged yardage and hit her a little higher than I wanted.. bullet did it's job... no meat loss . I already got her skinned, quartered and cooling...too hot to let her hang... I live in PA too.... near Carlisle... it was raining when I shot her... it was a light drizzle. I tried to text you a photo of her this morning... I will send you one to your email.... thanks again for all your help.

TheMoose

Back