Re17

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your concern for my safety. Hopefully after you read this that concern will not be as intense for you. I made my own recoil sled that clamps unto the stock near the recoil pad and the forearm of the stock rest on a "Y" that is adjustable up and down. The forearm is held down with a bungy cord attached to the sling bracket near end of stock. This recoil sled is bolted to a 3/8" thick steel table. The trigger is activated by a small syringe connected to a larger syringe by 1/8" hose. I do not touch the rifle at all upon discharge. I actually duck under the steel table for safety. If the rifle were to blow up, i feel much more protected with 3/8" steel plate between me and flying pieces of metal and high pressure hot gases. Plus the zero on bullseye is very stable and consistent. Call me a sissy all you want, however i am in my 60s and have shoulder issues. enough said. Now if I want to blow this gun up with out any regard to the financial cost involved, i have the freedom to choose that option.

Wouldn’t it be more enjoyable to not shoot loads that your so scared to shoot that you duck under a table to shoot! To each his own but that doesn’t sound fun at all.

Now if I want to blow this gun up with out any regard to the financial cost involved, i have the freedom to choose that option.

I used a similar setup many years ago and fired a muzzleloader with smokeless powder. I fired the rifle with a string from behind the concrete block wall of my shop.

I did have to patch the roof of my shed after the barrel came apart and a piece of the barrel went through the roof.

I learned a valuable lesson that day. It is cheaper to use load data from reliable sources.

As much as I love to try something new and I very much do, I too am interested in seeing just what the Paramount action can take and do, but I'm more concerned about my potential I am surprised this thread has not been locked and I'm surprised that management has not asked you to change even your site name putting that interest into action may affect others. If you are crouching behind you're steal plate you pull that string and you blow that gun up and you're okay where do you go from there ??do you walk away from that or do you go buy another gun and start over?? And what if some young Jethro read this on this site and decides he can do something like that he might not have a steel wall to hide behind. Perhaps the time will come when the Paramount has been proven to be rebuildable just as the 700 mL has been we sure need to be very careful about getting from point a to point b

My comments were rambling I want to apologize to everyone, and to smokeless Paramount,, so bad about not proof reading about an eighth in that paragraph it didn't make sense . I would invite you to consider changing your screen name because it's very controversial in itself ,at least right now at this place and time, and to join and stay on modern muzzleloader a lot of the issues that we're talking about could be discussed in private messages and perhaps benefit others. Again I love experimenting and doing new things I just want to make sure that never influences anyone else in a negative way.

My comments were rambling I want to apologize to everyone, and to smokeless Paramount,, so bad about not proof reading about an eighth in that paragraph it didn't make sense . I would invite you to consider changing your screen name because it's very controversial in itself ,at least right now at this place and time, and to join and stay on modern muzzleloader a lot of the issues that we're talking about could be discussed in private messages and perhaps benefit others. Again I love experimenting and doing new things I just want to make sure that never influences anyone else in a negative way.
Sound advice right there.

Good evening friend,, do you shoot smokeless with any other guns? I didn't find any of your comments sarcastic, once upon a Time as a young man I welded a centerfire case to the bolt face,,, too hot of a load,,way to hot,, it affected my trigger pulling for a little while,, to me even if I was behind a protective wall experimenting and I blew a rifle up it would have almost a psychological trauma effect,, it would be hard for me to shoulder up to the rifle in the future that I had blown up . I think many of us myself included would worry until some type of baseline is developed by professionals in the future on just what the Paramount action and barrel could and couldn't take to see people trying to figure that out on there own is dangerous,,,, I know everyone here is just looking after you and the welfare of the shooting muzzleloader public.

Sir, i am sorry if I sounded sarcastic, I realize I could and should of been more kind with my words. Please forgive me.

Savage Arms used to make smokeless muzzleloaders. Many of these fine rifles are still being used today.

When some of the barrels burst the company was often blamed, instead of the guy who used a dangerous load which the barrel was not designed to handle. When somebody screws up, they often try to put the blame on someone else.

I build high velocity smokeless muzzleloaders which will shoot a 275 grain bullet right at 3,000 feet per second, by using the correct amount of a certain smokeless powder. The shank of the 45 caliber Brux barrels I use is 1.200". I provide load data to my customers which others have used, and that I have tested in the rifle. One of my greatest fears is that someone will get hurt through either being careless or pushing the pressure beyond the yield strength of the barrel. After the rifle leaves my shop, I have no control over the type or amount of smokeless powder my customers use in their rifles. I now require all of my muzzleloader customers to sign a "Liability Release" due to these facts.

If you kill yourself by overloading a Paramount barrel, what is the probability that your family would blame the manufacturer of the rifle?
Will they know what kind of powder you put in the rifle or how much of that powder you used, if you are dead?

In the past some people have gone over Niagra Falls in a barrel. That is not my desire.

I am requesting my account to be deleted, I again apologize for the inappropriate content and what concerns it has caused. Best wishes to all of you. Thanks for to cautions and i will favor on the side of safety always

I am requesting my account to be deleted, I again apologize for the inappropriate content and what concerns it has caused. Best wishes to all of you. Thanks for to cautions and i will favor on the side of safety always
dang man, don't delete your acct & split, just change your SN & stay.

Please do not think we want you to leave this forum. We all make mistakes. Learning is a process.

I have learned a great deal from those who are here. Some of the moderators here are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to the use of muzzleloaders.

Please do not think we want you to leave this forum. We all make mistakes. Learning is a process.

I have learned a great deal from those who are here. Some of the moderators here are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to the use of muzzleloaders.

Well said & very true on your entire post.

I agree with all of you and learned some things. I really wish i could change my screen name, but have had no luck doing so. Simply no options available

Latest posts

Back