Ready to buy new barrel for my renegade.. Where?? (for 54 cal)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exarcher

NRA and NAA Life member
Supporting member
Reaction score
Who makes 54 cal TC replacement barrel?? I've got a call in to rice, but since read they are not doing 54's.. hope i'm wrong?? If i can't get a 54,, will a 50 "drop in" my 54 stock? I had talked to someone about a re line a few months back, but have since lost the info... (getting senile as heck)... appreciate your help in advance!!

Does it have to be a .54 caliber barrel?

Bobby Hoyt can probably fresh out the rifling in a .54 caliber, or bore out it out to .58 caliber. Either will necessitate a new bullet/ball mold. New brass ball molds measuring every 0.001" can be had from ballmoulds.com in the United Kingdom.

https://www.ballmoulds.com

To answer your questions. If you have a 1" barrel channel (All Renegades are 1", and .54 Hawkins are 1") a .54 renegade barrel will drop right in, same as a 50 renegade barrel. Have you checked out Evil Bay for used barrels? I have picked up some real bargains at times there, but you have to look closely and often. Some people on that site think they have gold in them barrels and their prices are out of site.

Call Bob Hoyt as he can reline what you have into what you want with the twist you"d like . Sort of a new custom barrel that fits the stock you have without the outsized cost of new ,thou his backlog is a little more than my month wait from my last barrel reline!

Call Bob Hoyt as he can reline what you have into what you want with the twist you"d like . Sort of a new custom barrel that fits the stock you have without the outsized cost of new ,thou his backlog is a little more than my month wait from my last barrel reline!
I forgot that Bobby Hoyt could reline barrels. He's an amazing man, when you consider his age, and that he's still willing to work 5 days a week doing what few others in the United States are willing to do.

Forgot that Oregon Barrel Co. was still in business. How are their lead times?

Bobby Hoyt does fantastic work both for bore outs and relines. I've had both done. The boreouts cost me around 120.00 and the new liner was around 220.00. He can be reached at 1-717-642-6696. I've had the best luck calling around 9am or so.

Oregon Barrels can't get breech plugs right now. I spoke to Suzi Thursday about a 58cal barrel, same breech plug

Latest posts

Back