Ready to hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I took the Accura V2, the .45 Kodiak and the Optima pistol to the range today to do a final shoot in advance of the up-coming deer season. The 2 rifles finished with sub-inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. The pistol is at an inch at 50 yards....for kicks I took it to 100 yards and had a 1 1/2" five shot group that printed about an inch low of the aiming point.

All copper again this year. The Accura and Optima are shooting XPB Barnes bullets in Harvester sabots. The Kodiac is shooting a .45 Barnes X-pander in a Harvester sabot.

I put a different scope on the Kodiac and needed to get it shot in and it took 16 shots, mostly due to my rectal cranial inversion half way thru the re-sighting. BUT we're dialed now. All 3 guns use converted plugs using vent liners from Badger Ridge. All three are using bh209 to push the bullets. All three are very clean shooting and the primers drop right out of the plugs after going boom. The Optima pistol and Kodiak burn 63 weighed grains of BH209, while the Accura burns 77 weighed grains.

Now I can focus on fall fishing until the deer season begins. Happy boy here.

Now I can focus on fall fishing until the deer season begins. Happy boy here.

We can’t let hunting prep get in the way of fall fishing. Fall is often the best bite. What species are we after?

The Walleye in SD would put the feedbag on in September and right up to ice up. The perch would hot too if you knew where to find them.

We can’t let hunting prep get in the way of fall fishing. Fall is often the best bite. What species are we after?

The Walleye in SD would put the feedbag on in September and right up to ice up. The perch would hot too if you knew where to find them.

I chase fall crappies on Mississippi River backwaters, mostly from shore. 12" - 14" fish are common. Fall sunfish run large too.

My hunting season starts November 7th this year so I don't waste time counting the days.

Latest posts

Back