Recent Air rifle squirrel hunts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been squirrel hunting some with my air rifles, been hunting with airguns only for last 15-20 yrs.
Guns used were a BSA LIGHTNING XL SE .22 , RWS 48 .177 and I killed some more with a AIR ARMS TX200 .22 and a Spanish Webley Tomahawk .22,the pics w/o a gun were taken with the Webley Tomahawk no pics of TX or squirrels killed with it.20221015_114014.jpg20221016_111038.jpg20221029_105921.jpg20221030_111036.jpg the pics w/o a gun were taken with the Webley Tomahawk no pics of TX or squirrels killed with it.

Excellent. I find hunting squirrels with a pellet gun to be a great time to get out in the woods and enjoy the fall. I have only some cheaper guns but they shoot well enough that I cant blame the gun for any misses. Lot of fellows here shoot pellet guns. I keep mine in my truck for targets of opportunity and there are many. Good way to keep the trigger finger exercised.

Really enjoy hunting chipmunks. Such a tiny target. Its amazing how big an animal a .177 pellet gun will take down with one properly placed pellet.

I have that RWS 48 .177. It shoots Great & I want another. Does anyone know who is still Selling them?

I have an inexpensive scoped .177 and love plinking around. I hunt with it in the late winter for cottontail rabbits. Lots of fun. :)

Been squirrel hunting some with my air rifles, been hunting with airguns only for last 15-20 yrs.
Guns used were a BSA LIGHTNING XL SE .22 , RWS 48 .177 and I killed some more with a AIR ARMS TX200 .22 and a Spanish Webley Tomahawk .22,the pics w/o a gun were taken with the Webley Tomahawk no pics of TX or squirrels killed with it.View attachment 24321View attachment 24322View attachment 24323View attachment 24324 the pics w/o a gun were taken with the Webley Tomahawk no pics of TX or squirrels killed with it.
Awesome! Nice rifle too.:lewis:

I have that RWS 48 .177. It shoots Great & I want another. Does anyone know who is still Selling them?
Everbody is out of stock I believe, Ive got 3 total 2 in .22 and the .177.. the .177 has a Vortek kit in it(shoots at 17-18ft lbs) and gun probably has about 2 tins of pellets thru it, very accurate dime size groups at 33 yds with H/N FTT pellets. Really prefer .22 for squirrel hunting.

I've killed rabbits and squirrels with a 5mm Sheridan Blue Streak I bought over 60 years ago. Then the .177 cheap rifle I've had for 8 years. That .177 worked on squirrels much better than I'd previously thought.

.177 works very well you just have to be a lot more precise, with a lung shot they will run a lot farther then with a .22 sometimes getting back to a hole or lodging themselves in a fork of a tree. When I was a kid 12-15 yrs old almost 50 yrs ago I had a Benjamin 397 pump that I wore out twice and sent back to Benjamin to be rebuilt, killing squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks etc.. even used to use it sometimes when running my Beagle with snow on the ground to rabbit hunt. I finally wore the pump handle linkage out and not really sure whatever happened to it.
Always wanted to get a Sheridan but never did, have a 1960s Crosman 140 .22 thats very accurate with scope on it but haven't hunted with it any due to have a fair selection of springers to hunt with.

Latest posts

Back