Recipe for deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it did make me mad. They have videos of there bullets where they shoot game and it is devastating. Not so the case with me. Maybe too close range? I don't know. But never again for me. I'm not into making a habit of wading into the brush as its getting dark looking for a wounded bear. All turned out ok though.

Yes it did make me mad. They have videos of there bullets where they shoot game and it is devastating. Not so the case with me. Maybe too close range? I don't know. But never again for me. I'm not into making a habit of wading into the brush as its getting dark looking for a wounded bear. All turned out ok though.
Yeah, lots of other stuff we should be looking for as darkness settles😂

I’ve killed more deer and elk with regular old spitzer bullets than any thing else.

If a sabot is legal in your state, 110 grains by volume of BH209, Barnes 250 grain TEZ, and a smooth black Harvester sabot usually shoots well in CVA rifles.

Thanks for the recommendation. The only Barnes I find in 250 TEZ are the spitfire and come with the sabot. Am I just not seeing the plain bullets or are you pulling them out and putting the round in the Harvester Sabot?
Thanks

Yeah i can't imagine anything that i would want to to do LESS than looking for a wounded bear in the the dark. Or ever.

you guys up north need to get hold of about a 400 lb boar hog when the dogs got a hold of him slip up behind him and get a hold of his back leg and flip him over and hog-tie him,, no guns no ,,knives just you the dogs and that boar hog,,you might appreciate climbing into those bushes after that wounded bear,,

Yeah i can't imagine anything that i would want to to do LESS than looking for a wounded bear in the the dark. Or ever.
Lookin thru the woods for a wounded bear in the dark, I've never been high enough to do somethin that foolish. I'll do somethin like that right after I try jumpin in the ocean at night to save a wounded shark with my new bloody pork chop neckless on.

I’ve killed more deer and elk with regular old spitzer bullets than any thing else.
I'm in agreement when it comes to my own hunting and even my muzzle-loading right now, give me a jacketed spitzer type bullet, flat base of course, in the muzzleloader, back in my centerfire days I never had much luck with solid copper bullets even then I could get solid copper bullets to shoot good I just could never really get them to shoot great, I could almost always beat them with a Sierra game King , when I first started muzzleloading I shot the Barnes and all the other copper bullets again I had okay accuracy but I didn't have the accuracy that I was looking for,first one hole three shot groups I shot ever in a muzzleloader was with a 275 Pittman accumax, it was in a Remington ultimate muzzleloader from what I understand that had a 26 twist I got all those other bullets still copper and Hornady etc setting up on the shelf im shooting nothing but jacketed bullets fury's Pittman's, parkers, I'm addicted to the accuracy of these bullets.

you guys up north need to get hold of about a 400 lb boar hog when the dogs got a hold of him slip up behind him and get a hold of his back leg and flip him over and hog-tie him,, no guns no ,,knives just you the dogs and that boar hog,,you might appreciate climbing into those bushes after that wounded bear,,
I would have loved chasin hogs in my younger years. I hunted bears and cats for 22 years till the peoples republic of Washington state let the uneducated public vote out my dog hunting and trapping seasons. I've climbed into many bushes after wounded and bayed up bears. But I have always carried my Smith 57, 41mag. When other folks wound em , I took care of it. Good dogs are hard to come by. :elmer:

I'm in agreement when it comes to my own hunting and even my muzzle-loading right now, give me a jacketed spitzer type bullet, flat base of course, in the muzzleloader, back in my centerfire days I never had much luck with solid copper bullets even then I could get solid copper bullets to shoot good I just could never really get them to shoot great, I could almost always beat them with a Sierra game King , when I first started muzzleloading I shot the Barnes and all the other copper bullets again I had okay accuracy but I didn't have the accuracy that I was looking for,first one hole three shot groups I shot ever in a muzzleloader was with a 275 Pittman accumax, it was in a Remington ultimate muzzleloader from what I understand that had a 26 twist I got all those other bullets still copper and Hornady etc setting up on the shelf im shooting nothing but jacketed bullets fury's Pittman's, parkers, I'm addicted to the accuracy of these bullets.
I’ve had good luck with the Parker BE. That’s the only one I’ve tried of those three. Shot one pup coyote and a few holes in paper with them. Pretty accurate out of my .45 Austin Halleck. That stupid coyote was only about 40 yards away and ran about 20 before he dropped over. I was shooting 90V BH 209

Latest posts

Back