Recommeded Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have taken another look at the Sightron S-TAC's. 4.1 of eye relief at lower setting (like Leupold). I'm curious if there is much light gathering difference in the 3-16x42 and the 4-20x50? I don't really need that much magnification on either one. Both have very good reviews

Ive looked through both the STACs side by side and the 4-20x50 was the clear winner on glass. My concern would be the turrets are long and i mean really long. Its gunna stick out far on the windage which might interfere with capping a MK/LK. Neither one is all that small either. They are big scopes.
OxVeHw4.jpg

Next to my DiamondBack HP it replaced.
KVn7Xdl.jpg

yDJApMr.jpg

I appreciate the visual comparison! I had noticed the turrets were long and wondered about interference w/ priming. I have read where some people will rotate the scope to the left so the r/l turret sits on top. I've also been looking @ the Vortex Diamonback HP and Vortex Viper. How does the glass compare between Vortex and Sightron? It seem I read more and more where people are having more problems w/ Vortex scopes; don't know how much faith to place in this. Any advice/observations is greatly appreciated.

I dont think you can beat the DiamondBack HP glass for the price point but i never had it out at dusk/dawn hunting. I have far better scope for that. If you are looking at the Sightron and want better glass just get the Optika5. You wont beat it for $350 and the 3.6" is said to be pretty constant. On my Knights and for ME about 3.7" is ideal due to the mounting limitation. I have a 2-7x33 on a hard kicker that sets on 7x as soon as im in a stand or on a bench and its 3.7" on max never bit me.

This is the 2-10 with side focus but it does have a Z-Plus reticle.
https://www.sportoptics.com/meopta-optika-5-2-10-42-1032565.htmlhttps://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/produkt/optika5-2-10x42-pa-16172_182/

Last edited:
The glass quality in my mid 1990's Leupold Vari-X III's 3.5-10X50's still look good to me & gather plenty of light for early morning/late evening hunting........even the Burris E1 glass is usable, it just needs more eye relief for me.

The turrets on the Burris E1 are larger than normal, so I taped a medicine measuring cup on the turret which gave about 2" or so in length and about 1" diameter and I was able to easily cap a FPJ209 primer.

Latest posts

Back