red wine.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I got a call to pick red grapes from a friend that ended up in the hospital about the time the grapes were going big time. So with two 5 gallon buckets f grapes to work with I made Ma some wine so she can make sangria and spritzers for Christmas. Got a dozen bottles out of the ordeal so she and her sisters should have a gay old time on Christmas Day.

L6oGu9i.jpg

I started my Cranberry wine today after getting these bottles corked up. So along about the end of March I'll be bottling again. I bought a bottle of Cranberry at a winery we visited and sampled and the stuff is super for an after dinner wine. Or just sitting watching tv type of wine....had it both ways. Hoping to get another 10 bottles from the Cranberry.

My in-laws are Italian immigrants and make wine every year, they buy grapes from California. Pretty close to a ton of grapes. They make both red and white but way more red, like 80/20. I always help with the grape squishing but that’s about it. Usually we have the new wine for the first time at Thanksgiving but it’s much better at Christmas.

I had two bottles corked for Thanksgiving but somehow the attention went to a blush I made last year. This will be a hit at Christmas and a daughter had feelers out and got word the bottles were done so she's already put in her "order". This is a great wine this year so I'm stashing a couple bottles for 5 years to see how well it ages.

I had two bottles corked for Thanksgiving but somehow the attention went to a blush I made last year. This will be a hit at Christmas and a daughter had feelers out and got word the bottles were done so she's already put in her "order". This is a great wine this year so I'm stashing a couple bottles for 5 years to see how well it ages.

Who in their Right mind would wait 5 Years? :D Back when i use to Drink, it would have needed a DARN Good hiding Spot, if it were to make it even a Few hours :p

Back