Reloader 7 and H322 in the Apex SML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My supply of H4198 was getting low and the local store has been out for a couple of months so I decided to load up some different powders that have been on my shelf for a while.

After doing some research and looking at pressure traces, I decided on 58 grains of RL7 and 63 grains of H322 paired with a Hornady .452 250 grain XTP smooth form sized with no knurl. All shots at 100yds.

3 shots, 58gr RL7, 250gr XTP, wool wad, I was surprised on how low the POI was, the last time I shot the Black Apex was with the 240gr BCB and the POI was about an inch high.
8CHm43x.jpg

The barrel was swabbed to remove the fouling, just 2 dry patches, I wanted the barrel to be somewhat clean, just like it was before loading with RL7.

3 shots, 63gr H322, 250gr XTP, wool wad. Both of these powders worked well. Next time out, I'll bring the chronograph and see how the velocities compare to 60 grains of H4198.
pJhsBqs.jpg

Last edited:
very good shooting for a hunting hinge gun! My groups have the same shape alot of times, in a straight line. very nice!

Latest posts

Back