RemBrux with BearCreekBallistics 285gr All Copper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out and shot the re-barreled Rem 700ML with some BCB 285gr bullets, it shot very well. It will be my hunting load this fall.
The rifle use to wear a McGowen barrel but I did not like the savage plug and picked up a Brux barrel with the ASG 209 breech plug.

The bullets were knurled and then FF sized

100yds, 5 shots
10gr N110/57gr IMR4198, .060 veggie wad, Fed209A primer

Sweet it is. How fast is it (mv)?

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

herschel conyers said:
Sweet it is. How fast is it (mv)?

When the weather cools off a bit, I'll shoot some through the chronoy and find out. Last year with everything the same, except 2 grains less IMR4198, I was getting on avg 2550fps.

BuckDoeHunter said:
Last year with everything the same, except 2 grains less IMR4198, I was getting on avg 2550fps.

That’s cooking right along! :yeah:

Idaholewis said:
BuckDoeHunter said:
Last year with everything the same, except 2 grains less IMR4198, I was getting on avg 2550fps.

That’s cooking right along! :yeah:

That should get me out to almost 500yds, not that I would shoot that far but maybe someday. I don't run muzzle brakes, so that's about all the recoil I can handle. If your not holding on properly, the rifle will rattle your teeth and smack you in the face :mrgreen:

BuckDoeHunter said:
If your not holding on properly, the rifle will rattle your teeth and smack you in the face :mrgreen:

I hear ya there! I use to own a Remington model 700 in .375 Ultra Mag, mine was the old version, it had the full 26” bbl, With their Cheap hollow Black Synthetic stock, That Rifle Was BRUTAL to bench shoot!! I put a Limbsaver Recoil pad on it, I’m sure it helped some, but I really couldn’t tell ya? :lol: When i installed the Limbsaver pad i noticed the Original pad’s Plastic cross member had Broke in half from Shooting it in my Lead Sled. I was getting ready to shoot it 1 day when a Bystander i knew asked why i used the Lead Sled? I told him it was a Brutal kicking rifle, He kinda smurked like he didn’t think it could be that bad? I offered him a Crack at it? He Proudly torched 1 off, He Sported a Permanent Scar above his eyebrow til his death a few years ago, True story! Fact is, He didn’t hold the Rifle properly, he stood straight up and down like he was shooting a .22 Rifle, he didn’t have the slightest lean in to it that i could see? I knew he was in trouble Before he shot, I got directly behind him, I reached up with my right hand and helped slow his reverse steps :D He didn’t ask to shoot it again. He seemed more concerned in finding a Rag or something to hold over the Cut the Leupold had made :lol:

Your ballistics would be fairly close to that Old .375 of mine, I was shooting 260 Grain Nosler Accubond bullets in My .375 RUM (my handloads) Right at 3,000 FPS That rifle would Clover Leaf 3 Shots at 100 yards if you could hang in there and do your part :yeah: I bet i stil have the Targets with load Data written on them somewhere in my Loading stuff? I sold that Rifle not long after moving here to Idaho, I can’t say that i miss it :lol:

Back