Remember Lipton onion burgers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well, i got this idea while looking at their recipes. Its pretty similar to theirs.

2lbs ground venison or 1.5lbs and a half pound of ground pork
1 Pack Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix...normally you would use the regular onion soup mix for Lipton onion burgers
1/2 cup of bacon crumbles ..optional but sounds good to me. :D
1/2 cup of mayo...mayo has lots of oil so you might not need any ground pork
1/2 cup bread crumbs

This is where i got the idea
https://www.liptonkitchens.com/recipes/best-ever-juicy-burger-recipe/
The Beefy Onion is used for their meatloaf recipe but it sounds like it would be great for burgers too.
https://www.liptonkitchens.com/recipes/souperior-meatloaf-3/
I think im gunna do a test run of this with some ground chuck today.

Sounds like a a “ Tongue licking the forehead to me” !
Try taking the meatloaf once cold ( next day or so if any left over LOL ) slice 3/4/to 1” and grill. cook top or out side.
Then serve with a brown gravy.
Another forehead slapper lol.

I’m currently prepping to grill a 10lb pork belly.

It passed the 80/20 ground chuck test even cooked a little too much. Definitely better with little pink left in the middle and allowed to rest over night before cooking. You could probably use more of the soup mix too. One pack did not make the 2lbs of burger taste even remotely too salty. If making a meatloaf or salisbury steaks i would stick to one pack and season the gravy accordingly.

Try is topped with more mayo and some Pickapeppa Original sauce. Its similar to A1 with just the slightest pepper heat. LIKE SUPER MILD. Most grocery stores around here have it.
Pickapeppa-original-sauce-500x500.jpg

Back