Remington 1854 traditions custom

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camilojones43

Reaction score
I just bought this 1854 it's my first black powder pistol it's stamped 35 out of 1000 it was an impolse buy id like any info you guys can provide also value I'm afraid I might have over paid.20220305_181815.jpg
20220305_181714.jpg
20220305_181728.jpg
20220305_181823.jpg
20220305_182024.jpg
20220305_182123.jpg

Can't say for sure. If it was a Ruger, maybe 500 bucks or more.
I don't think Traditions are high value. Not that they aren't good guns. I'm guessing maybe 400 bucks tops.

Welcome to the Forum!

I checked Gunbroker. I couldn’t find any of those revolvers currently up for auction. I found one used one in a “Completed Items” search on GunBroker.com. It sold for $350 plus $25 shipping, plus sales tax (if the buyer lives where there’s sales tax).

The most important thing is… do you like it?

I’ve never paid too much for a gun… though I have bought too early! Subtle distinction… 😎

Last edited:
If it was a Ruger, maybe 500 bucks or more.

Ruger Old Army revolvers have gone up along with everything else firearms-related, in the last couple of years.

The Rugers are routinely bringing $600 and up, in a “Completed Items” search on GunBroker. Sometimes WAY up, depending on what version it is! 😳

Alright thanks gguys that made me feel a lot better about my purchase , I do like it any advice oon shooting it ?

Nice! Any idea on what year it was made?

The “BL” in the square box near the proof marks is a date code.

I believe that BL is the code for 1998.

Here’s a chart, though a little out of date:
https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/date-codes-for-italian-made-black-powder-guns-1945-2010-2532.html
Charts are floating around all over out there… since I don’t always know the accuracy, I usually check a couple, for a “consensus.“ 😆

I don’t know the best place to find a complete/current chart. Maybe the Blue Book of Gun Values?

Otherwise, pretty soon I’ll be counting on my toes… 🤠

Might be able to get a bett idea on price on our sister sight. The Muzzleloading Forum. It is strictly for firearms pre 1865 only!

I’m not arguing, just questioning…

Could you give give me the source that you used, to decipher the date code? (I’ve found conflicting info in the past, when trying to “date” firearms.)
BL is 1998, CH is 2011.
According to my two charts.

Last edited:
Back