Remington 700 ML bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindbernie

Reaction score
New guy here! Just found this forum but have been shooting a Remington 700 ML since the first year they came out. I have killed more deer with it than anything else that I have. I have pretty much used the 50 cal TC 250 gr. Shock wave bullet and sabot(and the same thing sold by Hornady) but am looking for something a little more effective. Those seem hit or miss for me and it is a shame as I have 60 of them still. I found a 90 of the 325 gr. Power Belt .50 cal ELR bullets on clearance at the end of the year, but from what I read I may have wasted my money on them as they have to be pushed faster than my 700 will push them. I may go back to just a saboted pistol bullet, but would prefer something a little more aerodynamic. I have also read hit or miss stuff on most of the Power Belt bullets. Any input would be appreciated.

Welcome to the group Bernie, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:lewis:

Smyrnagc, I am glad you posted that. I think the OP there may actually be me! When I tried to get on earlier I used that and it said it was taken. Wow, I really am getting forgetful. I will contact him and see if he has any newer ideas!

Older Rem have a plunger style ignition (inside bolt).?
I shoot a lot if Swiss as well. You might think of casting your own heavy conicals???
Good luck.

Thanks! Just to clarify, I do not have an Ultimate, I have one of the original Remington 700 ML's from over 20 years ago. My lovely wife bought it for me for my first Father's Day and it has spent many days in the field with me.
Yeah, I just realized my mistake. Disregard the Ultimate info, lol.

You may want to upgrade your Rem 700 ML with the Hunters or ASG 209 Bolt Nose Kit.
I’ve had Great Success with the .501” 250 Gr Thor & 110 Grs by Volume of BH 209. We aren’t allowed to use sabots.

At the time when I was shooting this Rem I was shooting the Lehigh Defense .458x300CF bullet.

Rem_700_ML.jpg

Lehigh300DOA.jpg

Latest posts

Back