Remington 760 or 7600

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Donkey

Reaction score
Just curious how many Remington 760 fans are on this forum? Here in Pennsylvania and all over the Northeast, the 760 was very popular in the deer woods and I still see them quite often, but they are becoming scarce due to the popularity of bolt action rifles. Also, my 760 is chambered in. 30-06...what is your 760(7600) chambered in? And what state do you walk your 760 in during big game season?

My late FIL had a Remington 760 in .30-06 that he hunted deer with, it was passed down to my youngest son. I have a 700 in .30-06 that I really like, I seldom get a second shot so a bolt is all I need and it gets the job done in western Virginia!

Have a 7600 in .30-06 I bought new as a kid, still my favorite rifle and has taken more whitetails, mulies, and elk than I can remember. I briefly got the bolt bug, but found out my pump was just as accurate out to 200 yards as an M77 I bought, and ended up selling the bolt and keeping the 7600.

I know a guy that has a 760 Gamemaster in .30-06 that is absolutely capable of precision accuracy. He gets it out every year a little before season, puts a dime sized circle on a piece of cardboard, places it at 100 yards. Then shoots the center of the dot, and says "I'm good, do you want to shoot it?" Of course I do! I put one right next to his in the dot. I guess I'm good too?

That rifle is always on the money! Any pump that shoots as good as a bolt, will be desirable in the deer woods. Never have to remove your trigger hand from the rifle, or either hand for that matter to cycle a bolt.

Back