Remington 783 .450 Bushmaster, Heavy 18" Barrel, Tact Bolt, Det Metal Mag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
Another inexpensive Thumper coming soon.

Even though Remington has not yet catalogued the rifle, with the SHOT Show only 3 weeks away, they are starting to show up in listings.

Not sure of the rifling twist rate yet, or if it is threaded for a brake/can. The rest of the specs listed so far look good, and has a Picatinny Scope Rail in the pic. I don't think the pic is correct, it appears to be a LA.

UPC: 047700857688
Description: REM 783 RFL 450BSH 18B ODG
Brand: Remington
Model: 783 Heavy Barrel
Type: Rifle: Bolt Action
Caliber: 450 Bushmaster
Finish: Matte Blue
Action: Bolt Action
Stock: ODG Synthetic Stock
Sight: No Sights
Barrel Length: 18
Overall Length: 37.625
Weight: 8 lbs
Capacity: 3+1
# of Mags: 1 (Metal Detachable Box)
Safety: Manual
Receiver: Matte Blue
Butt Plate: Super Cell Recoil Pad
Features: Made in USA, Oversize Bolt Handle;
Cross-Fire Adjustable Trigger, Pillar Bedding

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/def ... item=85768

Here is a listing with a much better price than the MSRP.

https://www.centerfireguns.com/remingto ... 85768.html

Probably going to be a pleasant shooter with that heavy barrel.

Remington don't even list their R-15 in .450BM on their site, even though they were making them all the way back in 2010. The twist rate on those are 1:24, so I guess we're just going to have to wait until they announce it for their 783.

Attachments

• 85768.jpg
    85768.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for sharing this Busta :yeah: I have always been a Big Remington 700 Fan, this Model 783 is one i have no experience with, I don’t remember ever handling one of these?

I did a quick search and found this kinda interesting, The model 783 was introduced in 2013

The "7" in the model designation comes from the 700 line of rifles, the "8" is kind of a throwback to the affordable but reliable model 788, which was discontinued 20 years ago, and the "3" is for the three in 2013.

These are just utility grade rifles, like the Ruger American, Savage Axis, Mossberg Patriot. They all shot better than our old slug guns they are replacing. Even the $2500 slug guns. Utilitarian would be the best description.

Same company owns Rem and Marlin.

Marlin had the X7 series but they put an end to it with the 783. It appears several major parts interchange between the two. Barrel dimensions and nut are super similar to the Savage small shank. Trigger is more or less a AccuTrigger knock off.

All in all its a heckuva a nice rifle for the money.

Its cool Remington is doing one. Guess the other manufactures are seeing how well Ruger and CVA are doing with them and want a peice of the market. The only thing that I see in this version is the heavy barrel makes it ring in at 8lb. Bit heavy for my taste in a hunting rifle but would be real nice on the bench or bipods.

Latest posts

Back