Remington up and running 24/7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also read where they are in talks and working with the workers union to start making firearms again. Proposed to start the lines in August.

The company was split up... two totally different companies between Arms and Ammo: Remington Arms doesn't seem to be responding to much. Remington Ammo is chugging along.

Bought by CZ after the bankruptcy.

Edit to add, CZ is a fine company, I have a 2015 Dan Wesson .45 that is tight and very accurate.
Yes CZ bought them too. American? no, but that is the way for years now.

Last edited:
The link above gives no indication that CZ purchased Remington Arms. Can anyone confirm?

Regardless it looks like management and the union are at odds so production is delayed. Hopefully they can work out their differences if they haven't already.

Whoever now owns Remington Arms should get it out of that state.

The sale/breakup of Remington went as such:

Vista (who owns federal ammo) bought Remington ammunition and the Remington name, they got the ammo plant. $81.4 million

Roundhill Group LLC bought Remington firearms and Dakota Arms. They also have the right to use the Remington name on firearms with the sale, the got the Ilion facility. $13 million

Sierra bullets bought Barnes Ammo. $30.5 million

Ruger bought Marlin. $30 million

JJE capital holdings(PSA) bought DPMS, AAC, H&R, StormLake and Parker. $2.5 million

Franklin Armory Holdings bought Bushmaster. $1.7 million

Sportsmans Warehouse bought Tapco. $100k

I see no where CZ is involved unless they are a subsidiary of Vista or JJE. CZ did buy colt a few years back.

Last edited:
I drove by Illion a couple weeks ago and was surprised at the number of vehicles in the parking lot at the Plant.

I collected pre-64 Model 70 Winchesters, but hunted Remington 700ADL's. They are very worthy guns, either brand. I had a .222 ADL that was a sweet varmint rifle. Very accurate, super easy to reload for and was a favorite of my daughter when we went shooting. I had the ADL in 7mm Mag as well and took elk and deer and black bear with it over several years of hunting Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Idaho when I was young. The 7MM was an accurate rifle and dependable as heck with the reloads I built for it. I have no plans to buy another center fire other than perhaps a Ruger American in 22-250, but I hate to see an American firearms icon like Remington go away and would likely change direction in Remington's way on the 22-250 if they got back into manufacturing again.

Badger, That was a good read. I wish Ole Green had the same quality and integrity that Eliphalet Remington had. Walking 40 miles to learn from a barrel maker the procedure. Clearly Cyberus was only interested in the bottom $ return .
Their suits should have learned a lesson from GMAC vehicles made in the early 70’s . Making junk won’t pay off in the long term.

Mr.Tom, Agree. Those ADL’s were fine shootin irons. My fav was a1955 manf. 721 30/06. It was amazingly accurate delivering multiple brand of loads either moa or sub moa. White Hunter Harry Selby even wrote about the very same piece. ( The only piece he ever wrote about a firearm ) Ruark impressed him with his.

So Green, it’s not rocket science. Make something we can positively endorse and feel we have bought what a Remington use to be.

I’m a gun owner and approve of this message.
😁

Dear RemArms, Call Savage Arms and learn from them. Company now is employee owned and they make the most accurate factory barrels in a factory rifle...

Back