Remington ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad to hear that Ruger got Marlin and Sierra got Barnes. The rest i dont really know about. Vista? got the ammo production. What other ammo do they make?

Good news! Glad to see Barnes will continue. Also I’ve always wanted a 45/70 lever action for no real reason except because. Having a Ruger built Marlin would push me over the edge!

They just got it from Remington.
Or, at least they are the successful bidder. Sounds like it has to be approved in a hearing, on Tuesday, tho.

Last edited:
What about the firearms, are they going to discontinue making them? Sure going to miss the 700's if they do.
Wouldn't mind finding another 1911 R1.

Hopefully Ruger doesn't have startup troubles like Remington did with the Marlin brand. From some of the reports I read, you didn't know what you were going to get. I really enjoy my Remlin 1895 SBL 45-70, it's definitely a shooter.

Hopefully Ruger will make the Marlins even better if that’s possible?

Hopefully, I purchased 4 Brand New in the Box Ruger Revolvers the Same Day several years ago, 3 of them had to go back to Ruger for Repair the Next Day.

Ruger Today is NOT what it was Back when Ole Man Bill Ruger was Alive

I agree about Rugers QC as I have experienced myself and witnessed 3 Ruger rifle mishaps at a public range. 2 were most probably headspace issue failures and one was a split barrel on a 17 hornet @ 2gr under max of littlegun. The 17 was rebarreled and the other 2 of which one was my 7mag which had only 10 rds, through it when it had a casehead separation causing a catastrophic failure. No one was injured in any of these but 2 of 3 rifles destroyed. I am no longer a fan.

I had 2 negative experiences with Ruger CS. One was an old tang safety M77. It would literally chew up the brass on extraction. Sent it back and when it returned, nothing changed. Second one was a SS Bisley Vaquero. The ejector rod housing was bent. There was about an 1/16" gap at the front, fitted fine into the frame. They sold me a new housing and mounting screw. Great folks to deal with!

Still have a few Rugers, but not a huge fan.

While not a rifle I purchased two years ago the Ruger SR1911 and love it. It’s more accurate than I am for sure. But it definitely isn’t a quick firing pistol. I’m not saying it can’t be done but I know I personally wouldn’t be able to hit the target with any kind of accuracy.:(

I got an SR1911 too. About 2.5 years ago as well. Instantly new fav. I bought the 9mm version. Ive not had any issues with a Ruger i bought new. Got a SR9c a P89 and a 10/22 and a pair of Old Armies(not new). All great guns.

Vista makes/owns cci, speer, blazer, and federal is what i understand so that may not be a bad thing.

Yes, "Vista" is Vista Outdoors, which is CCI/Speer and Federal.
The CCI/Speer plant is in my hometown. They have had several name changes over the years. Omark, Blount, ATK.

Latest posts

Back