Renegade Laminate stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have built modern guns guns with Richards Micro fit birch laminates and found them a little soft as compared to Boyds. Laminates
Not trying to burst any bubbles Just speaking from experience.
I was going to use a Boyds laminate but the microfit blank matched the requested dimensions from Pecatonica. Boyds blank is $20-$30 bucks cheaper.

I have good luck with boyds if you get your bedding correct. Good stocks for the cost.
The last one I did was on a smokeless ML built on an short action savage. The barrel contour was close to a varmint contour 45cal. It fit up very well . Didn't have to glass bed.
I have a knight mountain rifle. The stock was a very poor fit laminate from the factory. Had to refit myself. They may use Boyds stocks. I have the impression they do.

I have good luck with boyds if you get your bedding correct. Good stocks for the cost.
The last one I did was on a smokeless ML built on an short action savage. The barrel contour was close to a varmint contour 45cal. It fit up very well . Didn't have to glass bed.
I have a knight mountain rifle. The stock was a very poor fit laminate from the factory. Had to refit myself. They may use Boyds stocks. I have the impression they do.
The one i just got is the varmint thumbhole. Its close but not shootable imo. It will be eventually. Needs some sanding and bedding.

I believe youre right. Theirs looks exactly like a boyds.
Wait... What????

No, damnit! Just, NO! You are not dragging me down another worm-hole!

:topic: Laminate stock and blah, blah, blah...
C'mon. Theres gonna be snacks!

Oh my God!!!! I just realized you're putting a rainbow laminated stock on your Renegade!!!

I submit to the forum - for a vote all democratic-like- that when Muzzy's rifle is done up, it should be christened:

Wait for it...

THE RENE'CORN!!!!!

Too late. It's a thing. When Bruce, Lewis and Ninering pile on, it's a done deal. All over but the cussin'.

I just want to take a moment to point out that, although we have kinda gone off the rails here, we're still, technically, on topic.

Dammit, Muzz, I'm proud of us!

Some one had a post shooting at Frindship. Theres a guy on there shooting a flint target gun with a scope Go figure!!

Back