Replacement front fiber optic tube diameter for a Traditions Pursuit G4 UL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SER67

Reaction score
Scored a Pursuit G4 for $139.00 at Walmart on clearance. Was showing good fortune to my brother who dropped by for a visit and tragedy struck! Was picking rifle up off my bed to put it back in its box for safekeeping till I got some 209 primers so I could start sighting in rifle. Accidentally hit front sight on heavy low hanging glass light housing of ceiling fan and shattered red fiber optic rod having never fired the gun. Pieces I've found so far are too small to measure accurately. Was planning on getting a peep sight kit for my gun from Traditions website that would solve the problem, but spent so much on gun and other goodies to go with it at rock bottom clearance prices, all I can hopefully afford to buy and still pay the rest of my bills for this month is some replacement red fiber optic tubes. Already researched how easy it is to cut and torch end to fit the sight, but I need to know the diameter of fiber tube to buy and best place to buy high quality reasonably priced ones at that. Hope someone has the answer, I emailed Traditions, but they are closed on weekends. I want to get some shipped right away or be able to pick some up at Cabelas, Bass Pro shops or Academy if any of these stores carry them. Deer season ends Feb. 10 for me and I'd like to harvest a deer or two with my new gun. Thanks in advance!

Just measured the ones from my Vortex. They are .06.
The last fibers I bought were from Cabelas and that package contained several sizes if I recall.
Hope this helps.

Just measured the ones from my Vortex. They are .06.
The last fibers I bought were from Cabelas and that package contained several sizes if I recall.
Hope this helps.
Thanks anatone hunter, that was the correct size. Went to a local gun store called Big Daddy's Outdoors and they had individual 5" .06 tru glo rods for $3.00 ea! Fixed my sight and have enough left over to fix it 4-5 more times. Appreciate the help!

Latest posts

Back