Ribs for the big game.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Ma said I needed to conjure up some vittles for the Stupid Bowl tonight so I grabbed a rack of ribs. When they were thawed I applied a rub and left them to rest about ten minutes then tossed them on the charcoal using charcoal left from my smoke bombs using cherry and apple woods. When they'ed cooked about 20 minutes on each side they were put in a baking pan and slid into the oven at 275 with a heavy foil cover for forty minutes. Then I added my cherry/bourbon sauce to them and covered them back up while Ma did the spuds and a lemon meringue pie. When her stuff was done I slipped the ribs back in to warm up and we'll be dining soon.

p8yo0mZ.jpg

Making some cheese stuffed celery sticks now to go with the other goodies. No favorites on the game but imagine it will be a good one. The Pats have some many rings already I am sort of leaning towards the Rams. The Pats are tough though.

Bon Apetit!

I love ribs great beer/sports food.
I smoked some bear ribs last year, and it was some of the best meat off any animal I have ever eaten...wild or domestic. Yours look delicious too.

My weight lose program took a hit tonight. lol

This year I have 8 pounds of chicken wings that I'll either grill or bake, then slip them into the slow cooker with a similar sauce until game time. Sweet potato fries are the other component to game day din-din. Well, beer, but the that should be a given.

Back