Rice .50 Cal 1-24 Twist 350 Yard Gong

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Lewis that these calculators probably come into play more at longer ranges. I've been playing with 40 Caliber Seneca with 1:37 twist and this bullet that shows poor results with the calculator. Now I'm only getting about 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards but the front bead covers the whole paper plate I'm shooting at. I have no doubt if I was using some lee shavers inserts I could stack bullets on top of each other but I'm looking at this as a deer rifle with 50 yard shots. When I first ran it through the calculator I thought why bother but now I'm glad I did anyway.

Attachments

• 20201231_135208.jpg
    20201231_135208.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210107_125105.jpg
    20210107_125105.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 10
I agree with Lewis that these calculators probably come into play more at longer ranges. I've been playing with 40 Caliber Seneca with 1:37 twist and this bullet that shows poor results with the calculator. Now I'm only getting about 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards but the front bead covers the whole paper plate I'm shooting at. I have no doubt if I was using some lee shavers inserts I could stack bullets on top of each other but I'm looking at this as a deer rifle with 50 yard shots. When I first ran it through the calculator I thought why bother but now I'm glad I did anyway.

:lewis: I have shown it MANY times on here. The best Calculator is YOU in the Field testing your bullet at every possible yardage. I have no doubt the Twist Calculators work, Bullet to Twist gets FAR MORE Critical the Farther out there you get

I found that calculator you have been using, and played with it a bit. I was thinking your big bullets would be pretty high.

I seen your post yesterday or day before on the Muzzleloading forum, I read all of the forums across the Web, it’s pretty much a Daily routine, I just rarely post anywhere but here. Your RCBS 11mm Bullet is about a perfect fit for the Slower 1:30 Twist :lewis:

On a side note, I got a BIG Kick out of this! I seen where Ole Johnson1942 (Banned) Signed back up on Castboolits under a new Alias “Chemoman” He didn’t make it no time and was BANNED again 😁 SO, He signed back up AGAIN under “LoveND” The FUNNIEST part of the WHOLE Darn thing is they know good & well it’s him, and they are Ok with it :roll: If you ever get banned there, and stil wanna stay? Just sign up under a new Alias:roll:
He was “Strong Eagle” on Frontier Muzzleloading, and “BlackHillsBob“ on The Muzzleloading forum. An Idiot of MANY Villages, with MANY Names 😁

I seen your post yesterday or day before on the Muzzleloading forum, I read all of the forums across the Web, it’s pretty much a Daily routine, I just rarely post anywhere but here. Your RCBS 11mm Bullet is about a perfect fit for the Slower 1:30 Twist :lewis:

On a side note, I got a BIG Kick out of this! I seen where Ole Johnson1942 (Banned) Signed back up on Castboolits under a new Alias “Chemoman” He didn’t make it no time and was BANNED again 😁 SO, He signed back up AGAIN under “LoveND” The FUNNIEST part of the WHOLE Darn thing is they know good & well it’s him, and they are Ok with it :roll: If you ever get banned there, and stil wanna stay? Just sign up under a new Alias:roll:
He was “Strong Eagle” on Frontier Muzzleloading, and “BlackHillsBob“ on The Muzzleloading forum. An Idiot of MANY Villages, with MANY Names 😁
LOL

Man that guy pissed me off. I have been shooting that bullet for 8 years I think. At some point I would have known if it was not stabilizing.

Man that guy pissed me off. I have been shooting that bullet for 8 years I think. At some point I would have known if it was not stabilizing.

I read that and i rolled laughing, Especially the part about the “Sunny side of the House”:roll:

That guy had no Clue what he was talking about. The 11MM Bullet is just about as perfect as it gets for Stability in the 1:30 Twist when put in the Twist Calculator. You have been shooting that Bullet to 300 Yards for MANY years. That Bullet started a Revolution :D It’s a Good one :lewis:

In short, That is 1 forum i choose to NOT Participate on, In fact i had my acct Deactivated there. I stil read it out of Humor, But that’s enough for me. I can’t do that much “Traditional“ :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back