Rolling block

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a "rolling block" version of a muzzleloader. Don't know why you would want one cuz it's just another version of an inline. I'll pass on any muzzleloading rollers and stick with my original 1869.

I really love Remington rolling block rifles. Besides having had a gaggle of replica rollers years ago, I now have an original Remington 1-1/2 rolling block in .45-70 that was kinda "sporterized". It's got an hefty 11lb trigger and it got sent off to Lee Shaver for lightening it up a bunch. For it's proof testing I loaded up a batch of cartridges (black powder ONLY!) and was planning on roping it to a lead sled with 70 feet of cord to the trigger when Ed said "Oh just gimme it!" and he got 'er done!

They come with a 1-24 twist. You can get an inline with a more traditional look. Kind of. I love traditional muzzleloaders and rolling blocks, so I kind of like mine.

Attachments

• 20210327_162416.jpg
    20210327_162416.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 14
To be honest, I haven't shot it yet. Got it last year but it was to dry and windy to play with it. The breech comes right out, and you can remove the barrel from the action easily. I have only shot side locks so it is almost all new to me.

Latest posts

Back