Ron's bullet testing results

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see his test posted, he put in a lot of work.
When he started the 35grWeight/50grVol test, which simulates down range performance, I started to compile into a spread sheet and found some very interesting overall results.
I try up update periodically.
1CBD62AB-4E18-46F0-B39A-E2E969E2040B.jpeg

Ron, would you be interested in testing (1) GT Bullets .429 255 HP with MMP Sabot (2) GT Bullets .429 305 HP with MMP Sabot (3) PR Bullets Ultimate one conical in 450 grain? Ill send them to you if you are interested.

Thank you sir. I did a similar study for varmint hunter magazine. I understand the time it takes. Where do I dend the bullets and how many of each would you like??

Hey Ron, was browsing my workbench cleaning up tonight... would you like some .44/240gr deep curls, .45/260gr Speer JHP, and .45/250gr Bloodlines to shoot?

There used to be two .429 240 Gold Dots, one HP and one SP.
Still that way with Deep Curl?

The 6 boxes are the average Muzzle Velocity for the corresponding powder charge in the same weight bullets listed on the BH209 data sheet.
The other velocity values are a guide/estimate based on the charge..
8E4E2BE4-8F47-4F38-BAFE-93C838D6F81B.jpeg

Last edited:
Ron,
Would you be willing to test a new lot of 460g No excuses and 460g Bullshops?

Ron, why did you not use the red sabots that came with the Hornady MonoFlex, is the Harvester small base sabots heavier duty. I'm shooting the MonoFlex ML in my Accura v2 LR with Blackhorn Powder. Always eager to learn and wish to thank you for help.

It appear one should have read the posts of the monoflex bullet before posting #18. Used the short black sabot, not the crush rib. My guess for reason why is because the red sabot was too loose. Probably was shooting a rifle other than an Omega.

This reporting is great information. Had to take a long time to do this testing and catalog all the information. I'm the guy that sent in the Swift A-Frame. Good stuff.

Latest posts

Back