Roughly 9 hours from home..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelheader323

Reaction score
Made a road trip for a 3 day ice fishing trip in Minnesota..been here a couple days now sight seeing at the mall of America and surrounding area and just checking things out..hitting the hard water in the am in the St. Cloud area. Will report back hopefully with some fishy pictures!

Well you got my attention! We moved up to the St Cloud area a few years ago and would like to get back into ice fishing. Had all kinds of good spots where we used to live but nothing up here.

Last edited:
I was out on Lake Pepin [wide spot of the Mississippi River] yesterday and we found 12" easily. Cod front went thru over night and the fishing was slow for us. One big perch.

Been fishing back home in the Kalamazoo Michigan area for about a month but the ice has definite ty been so so. Some spots 1.5-3” while others had a solid 5”. Hoping to do good today headed out now. Briggs lake area

I’m hoping we get enough ice to Fish on it this year, This has been the Mildest winter Thus far that i have ever seen here. Of course i just spent a Chunk of change on a New Ice Auger and Ice Tent, Go figure! :rolleyes: The Forecast looks Cold from here on Through at least a Week, Teens and Twenties, it won’t take a lot of this Cold to Build Good ice :lewis:

Yesterday was a cold one for the bucket fishing. Stiff NW wind at 10 degrees was a bit testing but we stayed for about 4 hours. I stayed pretty warm making the non-stop rounds keeping ice from blocking the holes. lol I am, admittedly, more of a 30 degree day dude, but sometimes a guy just has to go fish.

I bought a new insulated tent for my clam shelter last year. This year looks promising for ice here. I like to fish the Saginaw bay or river for eyes

Back