Ruger 10/22

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a break from shooting my TC Hawken and took out my ruger 10/22. I put a new carbon fiber barrel and Hogue stock on it. It shot great, attached is a 50 yard group, 100 yard group, and the rifle after the mods

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 38
Looks good, those carbon barrels are pretty sweet. I have modded my 10/22 about as much as i can. I think i want a Ruger Precision in 17hmr or 22wmr next

First. Excellent

Have you done any bedding to the action or trigger work??? Those triggers are not friendly and easy to modify from watching a video. A bedding job around the action may help also.

Mine will shoot all touching at 50. I use CCI SV, although there is better ammo I choose the CCI. I have a single stage Tony Kidd trigger which is a darn good trigger, but it ain't cheap. Kidd barrel, Kidd bolt and Tactical Solutions stock.

Custom bolt squared to your barrel is a good idea as well. I would agree the Ruger trigger leaves a lot on the table.

sadly I find I have ended up with almost a dozen Ruger 10/22s, I even have a Norrell pack in one of them; me thinks I need to thin the herd...

They are good little Guns :lewis: I had a chance to buy a Really nice 10/22 Recently but passed due to Ammo Shortage. I got lucky the other day and happened to be standing in a Sport Store as UPS Delivered, They had some Aguila Super Extra .22 Shells, 250 shells per Box. I ended up buying 4 Boxes of them, Cost me 97 Dollars :oops: MAN O MAN how times have changed, I remember buying them for 10-12 Bucks for 500, That price stayed around forever it seemed like.

First. Excellent

Have you done any bedding to the action or trigger work??? Those triggers are not friendly and easy to modify from watching a video. A bedding job around the action may help also.
No bedding work or trigger work. My action came off a United States Shooting Team limited edition (it even has a different serial number than normal 10/22 the serial number is USST000#) the trigger is better than the standard 10/22. Not saying it couldn’t use some improvement though

Looks good, those carbon barrels are pretty sweet. I have modded my 10/22 about as much as i can. I think i want a Ruger Precision in 17hmr or 22wmr next
If your not necessarily a “traditionalist”, I would suggest looking at an Alexander Arms 17hmr AR upper. I’ve had one for several years (now have 2), and they’re super accurate and 100% reliable. I’m not really an AR guy, but I really like this one.

I put together a similar 10/22 a few months ago from parts I had accumulated over the years. Mine has a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel and Volquartsen trigger group and is in a Hogue stock. I topped mine with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9 scope. I haven’t messed with 22’s much over the last 15-20 years, but I’ve really enjoyed playing with this gun.

Back