Ruger 7750 209 conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbrown69

Reaction score
Have been hunting with my BK 92 for years and successful with it. I also have a Ruger 77/50, which is easier to clean but now want to shoot blackhorn 209 powder. Neither gun is compatible with this powder. So, it is either a new gun or convert the Ruger. I am looking at the Badger Ridge conversion, which totes the, no blow back and sealed breach. This makes the gun capable of using blackhorn. My question for folks here is do you have experience or knowledge of this conversion? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks. May well be this fellow. That will bring this Ruger right up to snuff. It has always been a good shooter but blackhorn appears to have some good advantages I need.

I owned 2 walnut stocked 77/50`s wish I would of never sold them, very accurate and easy carrying muzzleloaders.

Jbrown69 said:
Thanks. May well be this fellow. That will bring this Ruger right up to snuff. It has always been a good shooter but blackhorn appears to have some good advantages I need.

I purchased the gun new when they came out. Seems I am the kiss of death as I also purchased a Ruger 96 44 when they came out. Neither gun is being made today. Anyway the 77 50 is very accurate. I like the safety position. If anything, I would say I would like a better trigger.

I got lucky on both of mine they had very good triggers broke crisp no slack at about 3# which I prefer on a hunting gun.

Jbrown69 said:
I purchased the gun new when they came out. Seems I am the kiss of death as I also purchased a Ruger 96 44 when they came out. Neither gun is being made today. Anyway the 77 50 is very accurate. I like the safety position. If anything, I would say I would like a better trigger.

Get the "Bolt Nose" conversion. This will enable the gun to shoot BH 209, allow use of a 209 primer and eliminate the exposed area around the primer/breach plug that is exposed with the bolt in the closed position. Also enables the primer to be installed and retracted easier as the bolt face has a slot for the primer to slip into.

Latest posts

Back