Ruger Number 1 Rebarrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, SMI (Smokeless Muzzleloading Inc.) in eastern IN did that. I got a .243 centerfire that was rebarreled with their breechplug in .45. I think it was a Douglas barrel. I did not have the work done, just bought it that way. Also have the .243 in case I would go back to CF.
SMI does not want you to go sabotless with smokeless, they want one to use sabots. Hope that helps some.

Pretty spendy platform for a ML. I rebarreled a #3 ( same diff} from 375 Win to 444 Marlin and my 375 H&H #1 was rechambered to 375 Wby. The Wby conversion is the only rifle I've put a muzzle brake on in my life. Gotta find a #1 buttstock for the 444, also a hard kicker. Gittin' old (77) ain't for sissies. I do shoot several underhammers for hunting. My passion for antelope here in Wy whenever a tag is drawn. Discovered they are easier to load up than elk LOL. Good luck with your project, I'm sure there are a few smiths around that can satisfy your desires....Trader

I thought they showed a website on Doug's Message board but unsure if it is still current

Pretty spendy platform for a ML. I rebarreled a #3 ( same diff} from 375 Win to 444 Marlin and my 375 H&H #1 was rechambered to 375 Wby. The Wby conversion is the only rifle I've put a muzzle brake on in my life. Gotta find a #1 buttstock for the 444, also a hard kicker. Gittin' old (77) ain't for sissies. I do shoot several underhammers for hunting. My passion for antelope here in Wy whenever a tag is drawn. Discovered they are easier to load up than elk LOL. Good luck with your project, I'm sure there are a few smiths around that can satisfy your desires....Trader
AND they cannot contract CWD!

Back