RUM Revisited

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took my fussy, RUM and turned into an accurate easy to use ML. I sent the rifle to Jeff at Bestill Creations to have the ASG breech plug and module system installed. My rifle was the laminate stock model, so it went out for pillars and bedding and a free floating barrel. A Leupold VX6 3X18X44 set in a Near Mfg Alphamount sits on top. The biggest improvment to the rifle IMO are the sizable .503 knurled bullets from Fury Custom Bullets. The target below was the rifle being zeroed and the last three for group. These rounds were fired as fast as i could load and shoot. It got very hot. No swabbing, nothing, just 120 by VOL BH 209 a .512 veggie wad, and a Fury 325 gr Star Tip knurled up to .503 and sized down a bit.(hard to measure knurling)
My Ultimate Firearms Black Widow Is with Jeff getting the same treatment.

Attachments

• Inked20180824_140515 (002)_LI.jpg
    Inked20180824_140515 (002)_LI.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 243
Seemed some shooters like full bore bullets but not many comments. With the new full bore bullets being developed lately and more coming out, its going to make all the .50's easier loading and more accurate. I think once shooters find out how accurate they can be, even from a hot barrel without the weakest link, you'll see more shooting land riding bullets from .50's.
My adjustable die came today. The Fury's should be here soon.

Very nice . The BC out of a .50 will never be that of a .45 but who cares ? They tell me these land riding .50s are shooting well under MOA out to 300 yards with no trouble . Talk about a killing machine !

Nice shooting Greg !

Latest posts

Back