Rush Limbaugh. Rest in peace.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should have left your nose out of the thread if you didn't have something nice to say about the man considering it was set up to wish him well on his way to Heaven and to Rest In Peace. Not for you to bash him before he is put in the ground. The thread was not about the venom you harbored for the man. It was about the respect of an American icon who was loved and respected by millions including the majority of people who frequent this site.
Stop with your spin about free speech. We are all well aware of it. There are times you need to use common sense and common decency. Also a time to shut your trap, respect and not make an ass out of your self while exercising your free speech.
I'll stop with " my spin " on free speech right after you & I'll keep my trap shut, right after you stop with your posts that compel me to open mine. If anything I said about Rush offends you, then you ought to check yourself. I'm darn glad you dont like my views & beliefs & cant stand me expressing anything different from you. You hold your breath for me to stop. I'm just as aware of your beliefs & opinions as you are of mine. So what. I'd never be such an ignorant AH as to tell you or even think to tell you that you can not express whatever you wish & to shut your trap bc I got butthurt over what you said. Way too narrowminded for me. Apparently, our interpretations on freedom are quite different. Well, no need for us to do this in this post any longer. Nor interact any longer. Its fine with me. I'll stay just the way I am thanks, I'm sure you will do the same. Well wishes

I appreciated his passion & love for this country. Some of his particular view on just how all that " should be " I've never agreed with, & him for the most part being a one-sided pompous, arrogant, contrite, self-righteous zealot a$$ made him pretty much intolerable for me to listen to much of.
He was actually none of those things. He would never had achieved the success that he did if he was anything close to what you are claiming.

He was actually none of those things. He would never had achieved the success that he did if he was anything close to what you are claiming.
Though I obviously will have to disagree with your views on him as well, but I most certainly respect your right to think as you do & speak your mind. Well wishes

Though I obviously will have to disagree with your views on him as well, but I most certainly respect your right to think as you do & speak your mind. Well wishes
My opinion of Rush is not my view, it is a fact. I have no problem with you or anyone else disliking him. I do have a problem with your description of him because the facts of who he really was do not align with your description of him.

When RBG died you did not see me posting Supreme Court memes about the court being "Ruthless" and quite frankly most decent people dont go to a funeral to badmouth the deceased. Posting negative comments in a RIP thread are in very poor taste. Just remember that when someone you admired gets treated the same way here. ;)

When RBG died you did not see me posting Supreme Court memes about the court being "Ruthless" and quite frankly most decent people dont go to a funeral to badmouth the deceased. Posting negative comments in a RIP thread are in very poor taste. Just remember that when someone you admired gets treated the same way here. ;)
Duly noted. I've had the same opinion on him for the last 30 yrs. So have many many others. Though I thought it was an open post for anyone to respond in any way they seen fit. I didn't know it came with any unwritten parameters as to what anyone can say or think. I in all fairness can see your point on my timing & thread to express my sentiments toward Rush I still stand on every word I said. I gave him credit where credit is due, I didn't see that get mentioned. I see that my post isn't the only not so kind post there, but mine is the only one under attack & scrutiny here. I fully know why too. I know full well what a handful or so of you think of me & all like me. You know full well my sentiments reflect the same as well. I've never acted toward anyone in here like HJ did yesterday to me. But you haven't been disrespectful to me even though you seem to despise me. Thank you for that. I know full well too that if I ever wrote verbatim what HJ wrote to me, to someone else in here, it would be everything you need to boot me out immediately. I've seen that kind of stuff happen in here more than a cpl times in the last 1.5yrs.

My opinion of Rush is not my view, it is a fact. I have no problem with you or anyone else disliking him. I do have a problem with your description of him because the facts of who he really was do not align with your description of him.
Fair enough Birddog. Thank you. Its nice to know that you dont have a prob with me. Same here. Again, I respect your view & stance absolutely & the way you stated it with me. Well wishes

I could think of a few choice words to describe George Carlin or Robin Williams when they died but out of respect i never did in the RIP topics ive seen posted. I dont think i ever have actually. I simply dont post at all in a topic like that.

See the difference?
Carlin & Williams are legends in comedy - the ultimate proponents of free speech, but Lenny Bruce is KING. You'd really love him.

I could think of a few choice words to describe George Carlin or Robin Williams when they died but out of respect i never did in the RIP topics ive seen posted. I dont think i ever have actually. I simply dont post at all in a topic like that.

See the difference?

EXCELLENT Post GM54, That is how it should be :lewis:

When Someone starts a Thread like @Confederate rifleman did here, Titled “Rush Limbaugh. Rest in Peace” If you don’t like it, or agree? Simply Keep YOUR NOSE out of it!! There are plenty of other Threads/Topics you can go post in and feel important for the Day. @Confederate rifleman did NOT Ask your opinion of Rush, Did he? It would be different if he had of, But he DIDN'T!

Wow.
I'm so sorry I posted about Rush. Cream isn't the only thing that floats to the top, I guess.
Won't make this mistake again.
This is the first I’ve seen the thread ands frankly I’m not surprised by some of the venom and tasteless posts. Disappointed? Absolutely, I respect most of the posters on this thread and wish it was possible to meet each of you knuckleheads in person but I’m always disappointed when people I respect show their asses to the masses... many people whose political views I despise have come and gone without a disrespectful comment from me. It wasn’t difficult. I just kept my views to myself out of respect for people who do admire that person. And a bit of respect for myself too I suppose.

P.S. there’s one exception to this rule for me. I own and proudly wear my “Dead Che Day” t-shirt ever October 9th.

Back