RWS caps (Are my nipples too large?)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I copied this link from another forum. It has a lot of useful information on nipples and caps.
Enjoy the 20 pages on info.
Derek

http://guntoters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Percussion-Caps-and-Nipples2.pdf

here is just one small part of the very usual information.
View attachment 15233
the cci's seem much larger,,, or i guess .001 is quite a bit on a tight nipple! thanks for posting the chart,, i had seen it before but could not locate it when i started the thread... so thanks!! i'm copying it & saving it

Once you find nipples that fit a particular brand of percussion cap, WRITE THAT INFORMATION DOWN, and save it. Better yet, keep a logbook of such information on nipple brands/cap brands.

Dixie Gun Works used to publish such esoteric information in their old catalogs, but I don't know if they still do.

And, of course, stock up on your favorite nipples & caps when ever possible.

Not to oversimplify, but maybe the “1075” on RWS caps means they are smack in between #10 caps and #11 caps, i.e. #10.75 caps? That would make them fit just a little tighter on a #11 nipple. Just a thought…
You might be smarter than the average bear!!!!!!

Back