S.S. Rem.700ml vs Blued Knight Disc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Opened the safe the other day and found a mz i forgot i had !!
A ss Rem 700ml , scoped , pristine and really only needing the Badger Ridge conversion .
I also have a Knight original disk thats also pristine but blued and in need.of updateing with a bolt and a bare primer bp . No bases , only std iron sights .

Both are 50 cal . I only want 1 50cal. I plan on bullet to bore with limited sabot and conical use . Both are 1 in 28 twist . Both 24 " of working bore .

The question is which one should i keep and why ???

Last edited:
The 700ML has one huge advantage....Aftermarket support. There are tons of upgrades for anything Rem700 related and lots of it will fit a 700ML. There are even still some custom ML barrels available.

You can put one hell of a beefy barrel on a 700ML. Over 1.2" OD at the receiver. Stock, trigger and scope base selection is without equal.

The 700ML has one huge advantage....Aftermarket support. There are tons of upgrades for anything Rem700 related and lots of it will fit a 700ML. There are even still some custom ML barrels available.

You can put one hell of a beefy barrel on a 700ML. Over 1.2" OD at the receiver. Stock, trigger and scope base selection is without equal.
Big factors !!! Ok 1 vote for the 700 !!! Thank You !!!

All depends on how much weight you wanna carry and how hot of a load you want to shoot. The weak link in the Rem700ML is it head spaces off of the retaining bolt. As that bolt wears it gets sloppy but its easily replaced too. Probably not a issue when using BH209 but if you want to dabble into much faster speeds other options are better. ASG still has Remage Brux 45cal barrels for 700ML for under $500. Its only 1.062 OD but would handle any BH209 load you cared to shoot. No smith needed if you can get the old barrel off yourself. Remage type barrels are pretty simple to install with minimal tools.
https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/product/700ml_remage/

All depends on how much weight you wanna carry and how hot of a load you want to shoot. The weak link in the Rem700ML is it head spaces off of the retaining bolt. As that bolt wears it gets sloppy but its easily replaced too. Probably not a issue when using BH209 but if you want to dabble into much faster speeds other options are better. ASG still has Remage Brux 45cal barrels for 700ML for under $500. Its only 1.055 OD but would handle any BH209 load you cared to shoot. No smith needed if you can get the old barrel off yourself. Remage type barrels are pretty simple to install with minimal tools.
Gotcha !!!

I'm a huge fan of Knight rifles, but I greatly prefer stainless. I currently have 5 Knight inlines. Only one is blued and it may find a new home soon. I have found the stainless rifles much easier to both clean and tell when you've done a thorough job.

I'm a huge fan of Knight rifles, but I greatly prefer stainless. I currently have 5 Knight inlines. Only one is blued and it may find a new home soon. I have found the stainless rifles much easier to both clean and tell when you've done a thorough job.
#2 vote for the Rem 700 ml then ??

Are you set on a .50 cal. for land riding bullets? A fast twist .45 opens up a lot more bullet choices. That 700ML could be made into a very nice .45 cal land riding/full formed bullet shooter but it will cost some money.

Are you set on a .50 cal. for land riding bullets? A fast twist .45 opens up a lot more bullet choices. That 700ML could be made into a very nice .45 cal land riding/full formed bullet shooter but it will cost some money.
For now yes . Who knows in the future ?? You voting for the Rem 700ml ?? Id say thats #4 .

Last edited:
Seems the 700 is the favorite so far . They both are fine riifles .
I truly wish they both were 45's !!! For the average joe seems the 50 is what generates interest for resale though , at least here in Michigan .
45 cal components are about non--exsistant to shoot them in stores !!! Pity , popularity suffers because of that .
Knight boys sure are quiet !!!

Anyone know of a factory 45 barrel for the 700ml in stainless for sale ???

I am with you on the 45, sell both and get the ultra lite in 45 fast twist, just got mine and did some shooting Saturday, very windy so i kept it at 50 yards to cure the Dyna tsk and get on paper. So far I love it. what a great feel the gun has, good luck just something to think about

I am with you on the 45, sell both and get the ultra lite in 45 fast twist, just got mine and did some shooting Saturday, very windy so i kept it at 50 yards to cure the Dyna tsk and get on paper. So far I love it. what a great feel the gun has, good luck just something to think about
Yea i like that Ultralite ALOT !!! Not much "mad money" at present Lol !!! 1 of them needs to go though , 1 vote for the Knight .

I would take both rifles to the range for a comparison. One might be a really good shooter.

Yea that gun is expensive, I bought it during the Veterans Day sale, or I probably wouldn’t have done it. my kids are all grown up now and i seem to have more mad money now lol wonder why

Anyone know of a factory 45 barrel for the 700ml in stainless for sale ???

I have been looking for a 45 cal barrel for a long time - I picked up a cheap 54 rifle ss missing the breech & bolt. I decided not to buy a $400-500 barrel to shoot blackthorn 209. I am wondering if it wouldn't be more cost affective to just get a stainless take off & have it rebored? I have a 50 also I put the badger ridge conversion on & going to set that up for my son. 54 is a little lighter than the 50

so I vote 700

I have been looking for a 45 cal barrel for a long time - I picked up a cheap 54 rifle ss missing the breech & bolt. I decided not to buy a $400-500 barrel to shoot blackthorn 209. I am wondering if it wouldn't be more cost affective to just get a stainless take off & have it rebored? I have a 50 also I put the badger ridge conversion on & going to set that up for my son. 54 is a little lighter than the 50

so I vote 700
#5 for the 700 . Badger ridge has bolts too in case you didnt know . I love 54's as well !!! Rebores are inexpemsive IF you can find someone to do it . Try Hoyt Barrels . About 125 rebored , 200 with a liner . Gettin ideas !!! Lol

Last edited:
Back