Sabot help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentstalker

Reaction score
Does anyone know the outside diameter of the .50 cal yellow crush rib sabot?

My friend has a T/C pro hunter. He is trying to shoot the Barnes 250 gr. Tmz (I think)

The factory sabot won’t load. The yellow crush rib clover leafs but he needs a sledgehammer to load a third shot which is not conducive to hunting.

What is the next thinner sabot followed by the next thinner than that. MMP or Harvester would be fine...

Is there a chart somewhere that shows the sabots by Outside diameter?

Thanks for your help!

What powder is being used? Anything 777 in that gun will deliver a crud ring and it won't matter what sabot/bullet combination is being tried but what it'll be tough loading.

Re: RE: Sabot help

silentstalker said:
Does anyone know the outside diameter of the .50 cal yellow crush rib sabot?

My friend has a T/C pro hunter. He is trying to shoot the Barnes 250 gr. Tmz (I think)

The factory sabot won’t load. The yellow crush rib clover leafs but he needs a sledgehammer to load a third shot which is not conducive to hunting.

What is the next thinner sabot followed by the next thinner than that. MMP or Harvester would be fine...

Is there a chart somewhere that shows the sabots by Outside diameter?

Thanks for your help!
Look at the stickie at the top of the inline muzzleloading section. " bullet+ sabot diameters".

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

So I looked at that stickie and don’t see a measurement for a 250 gr. Barnes TMZ with a yellow crush rib.

Anyone have a suggestion on which sabot to try next?

I use Harvester black crush ribs . I believe they make a short version for bullets under 300 gr.

Latest posts

Back