Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then chances are you wont have a bullet suitable for hunting anything larger than a coyote. There are a few 180gr bullets in 40 and 45 that will get it done but the lighter bullets are not constructed very tough. They are for pistol speeds and defense purposes.
Well look at it this way people shoot deer out to 100+yd with a 44mag and 357 all the time ...and 135gr bullets I ordered are solid brass

I've shot four deer with that lightweight cutting edge 45 raptor,, the 28 twist accura that I shot them in would group them less than an inch all day and they were so easy to shoot, I think it's an excellent bullet too to introduce a younger kid or teenager or even an adult shooter to muzzleloading,, I kept my shots 100 yards and in I never pushed them out further than that but the effects on a deer's chest were devastating,, I would think they would be a pretty good bullet for that optima pistol also.

I have some hornady 155gr hp that are shooting good ....I am not to worried about being able to kill a deer with either the 155gr hp or the 135gr solid brass extreme defender...but thank you I will look into his tests
That bullet would be illegal to use for deer in my state. Mo requires a expanding bullet for all seasons.

Back