Sad

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyway it could be repaired? Is it worth it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

people have no idea how to take care of black powder guns, buy them shoot them and put them up filthy.. had a guy argue with me its normal for black powder barrels to rust/pit just the nature of black powder.. like they say you cant fix stupid or the unwillingness to learn.

Good Luck Rodeo. The stock and sights alone ought to be worth the purchase price. I was going to purchase it when I got back to the computer again but I am not disappointed that I didn't get it either.

Worse case you could probably send it to Doc to take s look at it. He may have a 451 bbl he could put on it or worse case a 50 cal bbl? :shock:

dbowling said:
people have no idea how to take care of black powder guns, buy them shoot them and put them up filthy.. had a guy argue with me its normal for black powder barrels to rust/pit just the nature of black powder.. like they say you cant fix stupid or the unwillingness to learn.

Good Post Dean!! This reminds of the Old Renegade i recently Bought here on the Forum, Talk about a Nasty Bore! That thing was a Sewer Pipe Down by the Breech end and About 6-8” or So of the Bore, So bad that i got a Patched Jag stuck in it 2 Different times and had to use a Grease Gun to push it out (Get it started)

As a Finatic over these Old Guns, It sickens me when i see one Rotted out from Neglect, And Sadly there are Probably Way more of those kind than the Good ones. No telling how many Old TC Hawkens and Renegades are Rotting away in Closets Around here, Lots of these Guy’s out West Bought Muzzleloaders So they could take Advantage of the Muzzleloader Only Seasons for Elk, it was/is a BIG DEAL out here, Majority of these Guy’s don’t understand Blackpowder, and how to Care/Clean the Rifles, And no doubt some of them didn’t Care. It shows when you look in Pawn Shops Around here, Lots n Lots of Old Rusty Muzzleloaders

Well boys I think I'm going to be all right on this one to run a bore scope down the barrel really looks good
so some work on the rest and ill shoot maybe I saved its life

Rodeo said:
Well boys I think I'm going to be all right on this one to run a bore scope down the barrel really looks good
Hope you are right. Did you get the breechplug out?

I bought a White Lightning once that looked good on the outside and at a quick glance at the bore, didn't look bad. Once I pushed a few cleaning patches down the bore it was pitted from one end to the other. Someone had put silver anti seize in the bore to make it look good. I sent it back an eventually got my $$ back, including shipping. Lesson learned...

had a guy do something similar to me on a Rem 700 muzzy, even picked it up in person and bore looked good but when I cleaned barrel it revealed a bunch of shallow pits.. ended up buying another barrel for it off here reasonable and having it put on.

toytruck said:
Rodeo said:
Hope you are right. Did you get the breechplug out?

I bought a White Lightning once that looked good on the outside and at a quick glance at the bore, didn't look bad. Once I pushed a few cleaning patches down the bore it was pitted from one end to the other. Someone had put silver anti seize in the bore to make it look good. I sent it back an eventually got my $$ back, including shipping. Lesson learned...

Lug came out easy don't look like enemy tampering but will shot soon to no for shoure

Its good enuf ill get a scope and woor on it throughout
The winter real happy

Is there a way to clean uup the pairing in breech area

Back