Savage 301 20 gauge turkey gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends also on what state you live in. Some have a 20 gauge minimum.
I had a Browning BPS 20 gauge.
With the 3 inch Winchester Turkey loads, #5 shot, I took several birds out to about 40 yards.
Sold it to a buddy for his son.
Kinda regret that now.

Got a Rem. 11-87 12ga. Fed. 3 inch 2 oz of 6s is deadly. I was looking at maybe something more shoulder friendly. I have been looking at 2 3/4 loads of 1 1/4 oz of 6s.

If I got the Savage 410 I would definitely have to start rolling my own. Already load for cf and muzzys, I guess one more probably would not hurt....lol....

Trust me! That 301 needs a Indiancreek 385 or 390 choke. Add the Foxtrotammo 383 Stroker 9.5 shot and you’ll have a definite 40 yard turkey gun!

Hoobilly,
The Mossberg SA28 youth semi auto caught my eye. You know anything about them? I would expect the 28 would be a step or two above the 410.

Hoobilly,
The Mossberg SA28 youth semi auto caught my eye. You know anything about them? I would expect the 28 would be a step or two above the 410.
Here’s a pattern from my SA28 with Indiancreek.
mine of the best shooting lite weight semiauto turkey guns I own. I also slapped on a Tristar 410 pistol grip stock on it.

Awesome!! What yardage was that? I guessing that was shot with Foxtrot ammo.

Wow!!!! Unbelievable!!!! I bet it's not near the recoil of a 12ga 3inch magnum.

Latest posts

Back