Savage ML ii

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not new to muzzle loaders or smokeless guns. Looking at Gunbrokers website noticed Savage ML ii is fairly reasonable in price for a smokeless muzzleloader. I need advise as to reliability and usage. I am in PA. our inline season is about six days in length.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Make sure its a large shank with a 4.41 stock screw spacing if you ever plan on upgrading the stock. The factory laminates were ok but the composites were not all that great. There may have been some small shank models with 4.41 also. Not 100% sure. You have far less stock choices if its not 4.41"

If they dont list the shank size you can tell by the barrel nut.
https://northlandshooterssupply.com/not-sure-if-your-existing-rifle-is-small-or-large-shank/

Make sure its a large shank with a 4.41 stock screw spacing if you ever plan on upgrading the stock. The factory laminates were ok but the composites were not all that great. There may have been some small shank models with 4.41 also. Not 100% sure. You have far less stock choices if its not 4.41"

If they dont list the shank size you can tell by the barrel nut.
https://northlandshooterssupply.com/not-sure-if-your-existing-rifle-is-small-or-large-shank/
Thanks

I have a number of Sav MLIIs. Most with the shorter screw spacing. Have one with the newer longer spacing. Got a stock from Richard's micro fit and asked about the same. They now use the same stock but with a slot instead of a through hole and it will accommodate both spacings. One just drills out the hole as needed. I glass bedded in some aluminum pillars so it worked out OK for me.
If you should get one of their stocks they are pretty rough and require quite a bit of sanding etc.

Thanks for the info. I changed my mind on the Savage rifle. It seems the price on the auction site basically doubled in a few days. I do not need the Savage that bad. My Knight and BH 209 are looking better and better.

Latest posts

Back