• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scope deals i will update as i find them

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does that compare to some of the other scopes mentioned above. Overall comments? Thanks

How does that compare to some of the other scopes mentioned above. Overall comments? Thanks
IDK how it compares. But i did just order one and will let you know when i get it. I figure that if GM54-120 recommends it it's probably a good scope. The price is right and i need another scope for an Omega.

I’ve got a Burris E1 3x9 and the only fault is the short eye relief. Yes it dotted my eye a couple times, then I moved it to a lower recoiling rifle.😵

I would imagine as long as you didnt go over 9-10x the relief wont drop below about 3.4". Its 3.8" on 4.5x. Not ideal but like i said it might work for some guys.

My preferred range for relief is 4"-3.7" on hard kickers. This also tends to work out ok for many mounting limitations on MLs. Mounts like the Durasite 1 piece on QRBP CVAs will benefit from having the slightly long relief. You got the inch or so of QRBP to deal with and the ring spread.

So unless you plan on getting a rail or maybe a DNZ mount you should consider this when looking at scopes. There are not many good rails out there for the CVAs or Knights.

Just got a Bushnell nitro 2.5 to 10 power by 44 mm less than $200 on sale I think that's the best scope that I've put my eyes on and my fingers on for that price and two or three years,, Natchez has them on sale right now I'm going to get a couple of more before they're gone

There are still a few older TAC OP Bushnells left on Amazon. Same scope is about $100 more at Optics Planet. These are Light Optical Works (Japan) made scopes just like all the Elite line but has 4" of eye relief. Not a fan of the AO parallax adjustment but those that dont mind.....This is a heckuva price for a scope like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-BT5154-5-15X40-Tactical-Accessories/dp/B07DHY7B45
Scroll down to the correct specs in the manual. Amazon is wrong.
BT5154
https://www.bushnell.com/on/demandw...TacOptics_Riflescopes_5LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

Last edited:
MidwayUSA has the Vortex sales running again. Guys looking for one of the Viper HS might wanna snag one. They are $250-270 for the HS 2.5-10 and 4-16. Nice eye relief and weight on those two models. Both are V-plex.
https://www.midwayusa.com/centerfire-scopes/br?sortBy=5&cid=11396&Brand=Vortex+Optics
Where is the Viper HS made? I see 1 inch versus 30mm but also wondering what else are upgrades with the HS. I know you commented before the vipers were overpriced.

Nice for the money. Basically a 1" tube Viper but with good eye relief like the HS series.

Speaking of eye relief, had a buddy draw blood TWICE this year in IL. Part of it is from looking over the rack before shooting, will it meet QDM expectations. Once the decision is made, the gun isn’t firm against the shoulder for the shot. I think he has a cheaper Simmons on his Knight. I have hinted about gear upgrade, scope. With our barter system, I may pass a Vortex his way if it checks out fine.

Latest posts

Back