• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scope deals i will update as i find them

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping vortex will pick up the slack on producing silver scopes. Leupold has stopped making them a while ago, and the prices for them on eBay have tripled. One company is actually cerakoating the blue scopes silver.

Not so much a deal as it is finally being available. For you guys that want to try a SWFA SS that is more hunter friend, they finally have the 6x42 Mil-Quad and MOA-Quads in stock. (pic of the mil-quad reticle is wrong btw.) FOV is surprising good for a 6x. Roughly the same as a 4x low on the Loopies.
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-6x42-ss-30mm-riflescope-105767.html
https://www.swfa.com/swfa-6x42-ss-30mm-riflescope-113809.html?___SID=U
I sure hope they have some left during the next sale. I could deal with 22ft FOV and 20.5ish oz isnt too terribly heavy.

Last edited:
A guy on Rokslide has 2 used Meopta MeoPro 4.5-14x44 HTR models for $280 each. These were (more or less) the same scope as the Zeiss Conquest MC scopes. Assembled in the USA from Euro parts. One scope labeled USA and the other is Czech. HTR models had exposed turrets.

His ad is in the Optics Classifieds.

I bought this scope close to a year ago from midway and a couple of things bothered me. One I didn’t find a serial number on it anywhere and it didn’t seem clear the first fifteen feet. I read one of the hard to find reviews on Amazon where a guy sent a vortex back to the factory for repair and they said it was a forgery because of no serial number and they wouldn’t repair or replace it. For these reasons I got rid of it. That said I bought a vortex viper from midway a year before that and it has a serial number on it and I’m very happy with it.

just looked , mine doesn't have a serial number on it .
i'll call vortex monday to see what the horse has to say .

it has a rated 30 yard minimum parallax .
i won't be shooting critters at 15 ft with my ML .
if it's that close i'll jump on it rambo style .

Attachments

• 1669469725443.png
    1669469725443.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
i will share what i'm told .

has anyone here had a warranty experience with one of these HPs ?

just looked , mine doesn't have a serial number on it .

i'll call vortex monday to see what the horse has to say .

it has a rated 30 yard minimum parallax .
i won't be shooting critters at 15 ft with my ML .
if it's that close i'll jump on it rambo style .
I was humped up in a clump of jack furs for a blind and had a buck take a drink from a puddle 3ft from my foot. I thought about blowing his brains out right there but didn’t think it was very sporting so I let him walk off about thirty yards and I was about to lose the shot due to dense woods so I let him have it with my blr 358 he ran about twenty feet and piled up. Btw the 30yd minimum parallax shouldn’t make it blurry at 15 feet.

spoke to a lady at vortex . she said that MidwayUSA is a very trusted seller of their products and that some of their items don't have serial numbers . and she assured me their VIP warranty completely applies to my scopes . (i recently got a second HP for a early christmas present for someone) . she shared that fraud is something they keep an eye out for and stay on it . these are my summations ..... and she was very pleasant to talk with and suggested i could send detailed pics from all angles of my box and scope to [email protected] if i'm still concerned . i may or may not do that .......
anyhow ..... i feel good about the warranty and am happy with my purchase .

my e-mail i sent to vortex sunday .

Scope deals i will update as i find them

in the thread linked to above from modern muzzleloaders forum on post 169 someone replied saying my new diamondback HP 4-16 that a got from MidwayUSA might not be covered under y'alls VIP Warranty . i am JeffB1961 replying to him and i shared a pic of the bottom of my scope with the side of the box and there is no serial number to be seen anywhere on them that i have found . this is a link to the MidwayUSA page that i purchased this scope from .

Vortex Optics Diamondback HP Rifle Scope 4-16x 42mm Side Focus

i have actually purchased two of these HP's and gave one to a grandson as a early christmas present because most of his guns were stolen from his truck late last fall .

anyhow ...... are these scopes covered by y'all ? is the serial number somewhere else on the scope ?

thanks Jeff
Tazewell Virginia .

their reply

vjghb_C5Ow_MfYJEw5-wNzNzOPCj1_zGM0ebD_Xqb5HeyJ6JFA9B3J2EV6kelY5NZPTYQFWESc5AHkLypR_rZ5fNp932BbgdlmaSKmTrnTdkMVZupXhOy56VXCQUBXz0jPPRC2iEjP0=s0-d-e1-ft
Ryan Muckenhirn (Vortex Optics)
Nov 28, 2022, 8:37 PM CST
Good afternoon, Jeff! Thank you for reaching out!

The Diamondback-HP is one of a few optics in our line that are not serialized, but regardless, would absolutely be covered under the VIP Warranty for life!

Should you need anything else - any time - we're always here for you!

Regards,
Ryan Muckenhirn
Vortex Optics
| Sales & Technical
One Vortex Drive
Barneveld, WI 53507
800.426.0048 ext. 2295
www.VortexOptics.com

Last edited:
SWFA SS 20x, 16x, 12x and 10x MOA Quad all on sale for $209.97
SWFA SS 20x, 16x, 12x Mil-Quad also and in stock
30% off store wide no code needed. Several highend rings in stock for around $100 also like Seekins/Vortex, Badger, ect. Best price ive seen on some of them like American Rifleman M10 for $126 and change.

Back