Scope Elevation Issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I swapped a scope that I had on one of my ML with the same brand ML. I returned the adjustments for both windage and elevation to Zero and mounted the scope. I bore sighted it as best as I could, yet at the range at 25 yds, I was shooting about 6" high. I tried adjusting the elevation to lower it but I ran out of clicks and I'm still about 3 inches high at 25yds. The only difference while using the same manufacturer Rings (Warne) is I went from Low to Medium rings.

Any suggestions before I take everything off again and try again is appreciated.

I was thinking of that, but wondered why I need it now when I never needed it before? The only thing that really changed was the height of the rings. Granted I switched rifles but from one White to another?

I'm going to look at the rings, make sure they are correctly set in the base, and reset the turrets so the elevation is in the middle, Probably try switching the rings as suggested and see what happens. SIGH

Might try switching rings front to back, back to front, if possible?
HC, I did what you suggested in switching the rings. I also returned the elevation and windage adjustments to factory settings. I remounted the scope and bore sighted it. I took it to the range this morning and all is WELL!! :D Had a good day in the range and got two of my 451 Whites dialed in for this season. Now I have to get busy and clean them. Hopefully next Friday, I'll be able to sight in my other Grandson's White ML's for them and have them come over and clean them! :D🙏

Last edited:
Back