Scope - Eye relief problem? Not sure what to do

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 thing that you can try
can be turned around sometimes that could give you inch
They make off set rings that can move scope back see picture

Attachments

• 8ECE3239-BAAF-41C2-BB61-3B68C2219E66.jpeg
    8ECE3239-BAAF-41C2-BB61-3B68C2219E66.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 21
Hi all - I have a Bushnell Banner scope on my CVA Wolf. My problem is, even with the scope as far back as it will go in the rings, the sight picture is not clear...the black ring on the sides is there unless I move my head closer to the scope- which is an unnatural shooting position for me. Since the scope rings cannot be moved further back due to the location of the breech plug...I am not sure what to do. I do not have this problem with my Ruger 350 Legend, which has a 12.5 inch LOP...the CVA Wolf has a 14 LOP. If I need a new scope, that is OK, but what measurements should I be looking for to make sure that I will be able to get a clear picture at the highest magnification in my "normal" shooting position?View attachment 20024View attachment 20025 If a different gun, any recs for an inline with a shorter LOP?
I just purchased a Banner Dusk to Dawn 3-9x40 for my new Optima 2. It is the Long Eye Relief model. You can push the scope almost all the way forward where the rear ring has about 1/4” gag before the zoom ring. Just shot mine for first time yesterday, all good!
NOTE: Make sure you get the right model. There are two models. The one you probably have and the Long Eye Relief.
You want Banner Model 613947 (not 613948).

Hi all - I have a Bushnell Banner scope on my CVA Wolf. My problem is, even with the scope as far back as it will go in the rings, the sight picture is not clear...the black ring on the sides is there unless I move my head closer to the scope- which is an unnatural shooting position for me. Since the scope rings cannot be moved further back due to the location of the breech plug...I am not sure what to do. I do not have this problem with my Ruger 350 Legend, which has a 12.5 inch LOP...the CVA Wolf has a 14 LOP. If I need a new scope, that is OK, but what measurements should I be looking for to make sure that I will be able to get a clear picture at the highest magnification in my "normal" shooting position?View attachment 20024View attachment 20025 If a different gun, any recs for an inline with a shorter LOP?
If there is a gun shop around you can ditch the dura sight mount and get off set mounts which may allow you to bring the scope further back.

I just purchased a Banner Dusk to Dawn 3-9x40 for my new Optima 2. It is the Long Eye Relief model. You can push the scope almost all the way forward where the rear ring has about 1/4” gag before the zoom ring. Just shot mine for first time yesterday, all good!
NOTE: Make sure you get the right model. There are two models. The one you probably have and the Long Eye Relief.
You want Banner Model 613947 (not 613948).
Can you post a pic of the gun with scope...I'd like to see how it is configured. Thanks!

I have run in to this problem several times . My solution has varied. I have a 14 3/4 “ length of pull . First off. I hate rails & high rings . The rails ad to much height & high even medium rings are not for me . I love extra high comb stocks . Richards Microfit makes some great stocks with extra high combs . I like to put my face on the stock & be looking through the scope with no head movement . I have added extra length by using extra thick kickeeze recoil pads or limbsaver pads . I have also used extension bases or looked for scopes with extra long tube bodies . Nothing works the same for every shooter in every situation . If the 350 Legend fits you well I would mimic the same for your ML . Just a friendly suggestion . Drop & pitch & LOP should be the same for each weapon .

Back