Scope eye relief

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK

Reaction score
Seems like I’ve seen discussions about lacking eye relief with a scope. Just in case this is the combination I use.

This is my White 97 Whitetail .410
Topped with medium height quick release Monstrum rings holding a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33.
This is an excellent combination & there’s tons of eye relief.

Greg

Attachments

• 8990D56F-EC0B-4588-81C5-DB4C8DF1F3FE.jpeg
    8990D56F-EC0B-4588-81C5-DB4C8DF1F3FE.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
How long is that bbl? It looks awful long for a Whitetail. It looks like it has a 24" bbl which I think the 504 Ultra-Mag were. But I sure love the looks of it!:lewis:

How long is that bbl? It looks awful long for a Whitetail. It looks like it has a 24" bbl which I think the 504 Ultra-Mag were. But I sure love the looks of it!:lewis:

This is where owning a White rifle gets fun Ed.

This gun has a 26 inch barrel with double thimbles. To my knowledge as well as to Doc’s knowledge this is the only one that was ever made. The white tail was never mass produced with the long barrel or in 410 caliber.
When I found this one for sale I contacted Doc about it and then immediately bought it.

Greg

BAD1CAD3-0636-4D13-8311-4058C0BED1B4.jpegA57A6BBA-948B-47BA-9FE2-B52615E77082.jpeg

There a lot of "only one" Whites floating around. Doc called them "out the back door" rifles.

Seems like I’ve seen discussions about lacking eye relief with a scope. Just in case this is the combination I use.

This is my White 97 Whitetail .410
Topped with medium height quick release Monstrum rings holding a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33.
This is an excellent combination & there’s tons of eye relief.

Greg

Is that rifle is a Whitetail Hunter? That what it looks like. Big difference between a "G" series Whitetail and a Whitetail Hunter.

The Loopie 2-7x33 is basically the same scope. At least in specs. AccuRange reticle is almost the same as the old Ultimate Slam too.

There a lot of "only one" Whites floating around. Doc called them "out the back door" rifles.

Is that rifle is a Whitetail Hunter? That what it looks like. Big difference between a "G" series Whitetail and a Whitetail Hunter.
[/QUOTE

Yes it is a Whitetail Hunter & out the back door is exactly how Doc explained it to me. I consider myself lucky to have this one as I had been looking fir a 410 at the time

Greg

Latest posts

Back