Scope for the Black Mountain Magnum?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THBailey

Reaction score
Looking for inspiration on mounting a scope on my trusty old Black Mountain Magnum. We will be hunting Utah this year and they allow a scope. As I am closer to 70 than to 60 my eyes can use the extra help. I do understand TC offered a scope mount system that would fit the New Englander and the BMM, using the rear sight holes and a hole in the plug. Been searching for one on ebay and the like but no joy. (If someone happens to have one, or just the adapter that attaches to the gun and then accepts and offsets the scope base, they would want to sell I will gladly purchase.) A good friend has a machine shop and I am sure we can whip something up that will work, but I would like a little help towards the design. If you have something that is working for you I would truly appreciate your posting a few close up photo's. Thanks in advance.

The stars aligned! Found the TC mount on Ebay. It arrived today and bolts right up to the BMM. Ordered the muzzleloader scope from Cabela's. Hopefully I will have favorable news to report in a week or two!

Sorry for a tardy further report. Pretty happy with the scoped BMM. Off the bench at 150 and 200 yards. 100 gr 2f GOEX, 300 gr .452 XTP, Harvester Crush Rib Sabot. Only had the two bullets left when I shot the 200.

BMM 2018.jpg dad 200.jpg

BMM 2018.jpg dad 200.jpg

Latest posts

Back