Scope Mount for a 35 year old T/C Hawkins.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippy

Reaction score
I have a T/C Hawkins 54 caliber that l built from a kit in 1985. I want to add a scope on it without drilling & tapping any holes. The only threaded holes are located where the rear sight is. Does anyone know of a scope base that I can get to mount a scope on?

The easiest scope mount to find will most likely be the See-Thru mount. Where the scope sits up hi and you can “see thru” the bases to use the iron sights if you need to.

If it has three screws it’s a really good mount, you may still need to bend the hammer for clearance, depending on your scope .
good find

I only have the 2 screw locations where I removed the rear sight. My barrel does not have the 3rd screw location near the tang.

No Smiths around me would drill and tap my rifle for a scope. After discussing this on another forum I did my own thing and it has worked well for me. While there were some skeptics, the solution has held tight. I simply JB Welded two Weaver mounts on my barrel after finding the eye relief needed. Then I mounted a 2-7x Scout pistol scope. the forward mounted scope allows me to easily see around it for target acquisition.

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpg2.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg2.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1835.jpg2.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg2.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 0
No Smiths around me would drill and tap my rifle for a scope. After discussing this on another forum I did my own thing and it has worked well for me. While there were some skeptics, the solution has held tight. I simply JB Welded two Weaver mounts on my barrel after finding the eye relief needed. Then I mounted a 2-7x Scout pistol scope. the forward mounted scope allows me to easily see around it for target acquisition.
I remember reading about that a year or two ago. Im impressed that it has held on there.

Back