Scope Recommendation for New Custom Smokeless ML??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT, that power for the price point, 5×25-56mm is hard to beat. The low end 5 power is great for hunting in close woods. The 25 power is excellent for target practice or them longer field shots. The 56mm is superior light gathering ability for all situations, and easy to pick up all targets. That does not compare to a 3-16x42 as i have both. Imho.

BUT, that power for the price point, 5×25-56mm is hard to beat. The low end 5 power is great for hunting in close woods. The 25 power is excellent for target practice or them longer field shots. The 56mm is superior light gathering ability for all situations, and easy to pick up all targets. That does not compare to a 3-16x42 as i have both. Imho.
5 power low is awful for close woods and especially on a FFP 25x scope. Good luck seeing that reticle in close woods conditions on 5x. While i like the way Athlon did their "TAC" line its hard to imagine that 30oz FFP scope on anything but a long range rig and if thats the case you can buy a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 for less than $850.

I have several ffp scopes, 6 power does suck at close range, 5 power is very do able, 4 power being the best. And yes this scope is a long range scope. Aim small, miss small.

Here is that scope on 5x and in pretty bright conditions. Good luck seeing it in actual woods deer hunting conditions.
wVY0u3a.png

12:49min into the review

Back