Scope rings suggestions?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I wonder which type, and where to buy them, of rings is better. I want some that are easy to remove, for rifle cleaning, if this is possible. If so, how can I put the scope back on (each time in the exact spot) each way every time?

Well the problem is, true picatinny with STANAG type rings clamp down differently. Seekins 1" rings might clamp down flat on a weaver base. Warnes Horizontals should and so should the new style Vortex Pros.

You want to move each ring as far forward in the slot as it can go. Then tighten it down. Repeat with the other ring. They set the scope in the rings. After that it has the best chance of returning to zero. None of them are "quick release rings but its very easy to get them off and back on.

Notice how the STANAG/NATO type rings dont grab the top angle cuts. They clamp down to the very top of the rail.
B82v0WI.jpg

Picatinny-vs-NATO-rail-1.jpg

Use Warne rings on all my muzzleloaders and Weaver on all my other rifles. :thumb:

I wonder which type, and where to buy them, of rings is better. I want some that are easy to remove, for rifle cleaning, if this is possible. If so, how can I put the scope back on (each time in the exact spot) each way every time?
Hawkins ultra light aremy preferred rings

Latest posts

Back