Scope Suggestions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWyatt

Reaction score
Just picked up a new Optima for a deal I couldn't pass up. Now looking for scope suggestions. Budget is $200ish, and I'm looking for something with a little more power than a 3x9, like a 4x12 possibly, and generous eye relief. I realize the value of high-end optics, just don't have the funds to go much over $200 right now.
Possibly something like this Vortex Optics Crossfire II Rifle Scope 4-12x 44mm Dead-Hold BDC
Any other ideas?
Shots typically from 50-150 yards (200 max)

You can get a Diamondback HP for about $200 when on sale. Much nicer scope than the Crossfire. Best deal MidwayUSA has atm are the Viper HS for $250.

Let me see if anyone has mine back in stock. Its a 3x12x42 Diamondback HP. They only offer the HPs in limited runs but they have the same glass as the Vipers.
https://vortexoptics.com/diamondback-hp-3-12x42.html?vortex_reticle=978

i don't know about others here. If my shots are +- 200yds I rarely use over 5x on a 3-9X. Any more magnification than that, slight movements become a big issue for me. I would suggest a fixed 6X or a 2-7X
If I'm shooting groups from a solid rest that's a whole different story.

Is the diamond back HP that much better to justify cost over regular diamond back

At the sale price the HP is cheaper than a similar Diamondback. Glass is better and it has side focus. Eye relief is also better than all standard Diamondbacks.

Back