Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t’s my understanding that Meopta is making a scope that’s basically identical to the old Conquests.

Yes, i have the one sold by Cabela's. It replaced an old Redfield on a Remington 700 in .30-06 caliber. The scope has excellent clarity. Set on 6X the .30 caliber bullet holes show very clearly at 125 yards.

Thanks you all for the insight. I’m going rummage through the box of misc scope mounts/rings and see if I have some rings that fit the leupold.

The only time I banged an eyebrow with the scope was sighting in on a bench. I never do it when shooting offhand.

So, be careful when using a rest if the scope doesn't have a good eye relief. I think the scope that banged me only had 3".

I did get it off TBH. Gave it a good cleaning and it shots good.

I put the 4x12 leupold on it and spent yesterday at the range. Have it pretty dead on at 100 yards. Going to continue to hone it in.

You beat me by minutes.... I ended up picking up a CVA Omega V2 from a pawnshop right down the street. Whats the chances they were the only PS within 25 miles that had a BP rifle..

They were asking 250.00 but i walked out with it for 200.00 tax included

I'm BillyBa on TBH

What powder/bullet setup you shooting?

That sounds like you got a deal too.
Not many BP rifles on the gulf coast.
I bought 7 or 8 different bullets. Right now it’s sighted in with 290gr Barnes T-EZ flat base with 100gr of FFG 777. Still going to play with it and weigh out some charges and get it shooting as good as it and I can.
I’ve a novice but I’m hooked on muzzleloaders like my brother, he’s more of a traditional black powder guy.
Just ordered more T-EZ 290 and another 275 gr brand.

I was looking at CVA rifles tonight on the Internweb. The look like fine rifles. Have a break open and easy to unscrew breach plug look like a plus. I got 24 shots off yesterday before breach plug fouled and wouldn’t ignite. Going to clean it well tomorrow. Had a steroid injection on my back today so no playing with rifles, even though I felt fine after 6 hours.

With my LHR Redemption I'm shooting 240 gr. Barnes TEZ with 100 gr by volume BH209. I started the CVA on Hornady 45 cal XTP (cause I had them laying around) and 2 pellets white hots. 3 shots almost touching at 100. killed 2 does same weekend, 2 different shooters. Never got to shoot the LHR. Just ordered and received 100 Hornady XTPs and Harvester Sabots from Harvester. They had a special on them for 22.95 (supposed to be tarnished) They sent me some samples of their 260 PT bullet. If you need any help feel free to text me 832-364-8519 I'm in the Jersey Village area 290 and FM1960

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 on my TC as well. Took a dandy 10 point at 80 yards in the woods in low light in 2019. The scope lit him up like a Milwaukee saloon.

If you’re interested in a Conquest just watch the classifieds in both the 24hourcampfire and Rokslide forums, one usually pops up on occasions. Good luck.

Zeiss are fantastic I hear. Went hunting with a good buddy the other week and he had one planted on his rifle but I forgot to check it out..rushed for time to get out the door and spent remaining light looking for a spike. Next time we hang out I’ll check it out and compare it with my leupold, vortex, and other scopes.

Bkusch53 any where semi local (I’m in matagorda) to buy Bh209 or other powders? Every website is sold out. I have some 777 ffg, ffg, and pellets. Enough to shoot awhile. I figure this ammo/powder/primer crisis will be over before I need more.

I really like the Leupold vxr , i see they discontinued them , great at dusk and dawn, the firedot is a game changer for old eyes. I grabbed a bunch of burris e1 scopes from natchess a few years ago for real cheap with illumination, they are incredible scopes for what i paid , should have bought 10

I think eye relief is over rated. I mean, my 7mm Rem Mag hits me harder than my in line .50 cal.
Then you're not shooting much of a load because I can tell you with 100% certainty that my Prairie Rifle shooting 110grV of Blackhorn and a 325gr ELR kicks far harder than any 7mm Mag. It shocked me actually after shooting 777 and White Hots...this thing is on par with a 30/338 Lapua Mag recoil wise...offhand its not bad but off of bags...it'll rock you.

Last edited:
Button, I got mine from a place called 10Ring in Houston. Bought his last one. He has some stuff called Shooters World so I bought one of those too. He claims it shoots as good as BH209 but I haven't tested it yet. Was only $30 Shooters World - Smokeless Powders and Propellants

That is just repackaged American Pioneer powder. Same stuff with the same negatives. Poor speed and very coarse granulation. Best thing about it is it ignites easy and fouling is not a huge deal. Water based clean up is easy and no horrid T7 crud ring.

Its not even remotely on par with BH209 in terms of performance.

I bought a used knight disc. It came with a cheap red dot which is sighted in and I was ringing steel at 100yards. However I would like to put a scope on it. Texas doesn’t have any restrictions for muzzleloader season. I read you want more eye relief. Open to suggestions. I have a couple nice scopes laying around I could put on it.
If you really want to get educated on optics and haven't bought one yet, go to a forum called opticstalk.com. There's an optoelectronics engineer on there, Ilya Koshkin, and he could help you out; has helped me several times. In fact, you'll get more info than you need...and it'll likely be over your head after the first couple sentences but you'll have answers based on quantifiable results.

I popped over there for a quick look. The ML/Shotgun section is a ghost town. Posts from 2015 and even older are still in the top 10.

Unlike the plethora of mounts for rifles like a Rem700 your choices are much less for a Knight DISC rifle. Those slim base/rail options make a huge difference in whats gunna work well. Specs are meaningless if you cant move the scope enough to match the eye relief.

Here at MML we got tons of guys shooting Knights and know what has worked and what has not.

I just bought a used Nikon Omega scope with 5" of eye relief. which were made for ML. I installed it on my LHR Redemption and finally got the eye relief I needed. No more crunching up on the stock to see out the scope without the dreaded black spot . Eye relief is not over rated when it comes to proper quick accusation of your intended target.. Pathfinder60 is absolutely correct. 110 gr. volume of BH209 will rock you a lot more than a 7mm... which I also have.

Then you're not shooting much of a load because I can tell with 100% certainty that my Prairie Rifle shooting 110grV of Blackhorn and a 325gr ELR kicks far harder than any 7mm Mag. It shocked me actually after shooting 777 and White Hots...this thing is on par with a 30/338 Lapua Mag recoil wise...offhand its not bad but off of bags...it'll rock you.
I shoot 110grv of 777 and use a 265 gr Lehigh defense cf.
Maybe adrenaline keeps me from being sensitive to the recoil since I’ve need shooting the 7mm for a long long time and only shoot the in line occasionally.

I just bought a used Nikon Omega scope with 5" of eye relief. which were made for ML. I installed it on my LHR Redemption and finally got the eye relief I needed. No more crunching up on the stock to see out the scope without the dreaded black spot . Eye relief is not over rated when it comes to proper quick accusation of your intended target.. Pathfinder60 is absolutely correct. 110 gr. volume of BH209 will rock you a lot more than a 7mm... which I also have.
Guard that scope well because if something happens to it you'll be looking for something else because Nikon management has kicked us in the shooting sports to the curb...I'm sure that move has saved countless lives🙄...idiots.

Latest posts

Back