Scored a lightly used CVA Optima V2 pistol yesterday! (Recently a T/C Scout pistol, too!)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
“When it rains, it pours.” Well, for once, it’s raining good deals on me!

Scored a lightly used CVA Optima V2 pistol at a swap meet yesterday. Cosmetic condition was a little rough, but functionally it seems to be just fine. $200 cash, no tax. Made my day! :lewis:

Some fouling from having been shot and not fully cleaned, but it seems to have cleaned up nicely. Had what must have been about a teaspoon of silver anti-seize on the breech plug threads. I took this as a positive sign about the previous owner’s maintenance habits. My buddy took the opposite view. After reminding me about the condition of the bore, he said, “you know that breech plug has been seized up at least once!” 😳

Has what appear to be the sights from an Optima rifle. “Lite pipe” is missing from the front sight, but I’ve had that happen before on my Omega, too.

Eventually I’d like to fool around with a peep sight on this thing, something along the lines of the Williams “Western Precision” sight setup. Not sure how an aper sight would work on a handgun. It would likely have to be a pretty good sized aperture. I keep hoping someone else will do this, and report back! 😆

Also recently won a GunBroker auction for a “like new” .50 caliber T/C Scout pistol for $355 shipped. I think I have my single shot pistol black powder pistol bases covered! Have been in conversation with another member here, re: peep sights for his Scout pistol. Maybe he’ll get a setup dialed in, and I can avoid any mistakes he might make, in the process 💡

Congratulations on the two pistols!
My optima V2 pistol was pre owned also. It's in great shape, only had T7 used in it. Sometimes we are in the right place at the right time!!

Sounds like a good deal. My pistol came with those Williams fiber optic sights. I switched the rear sight over to a Williams Ghost ring sight. That work good until I bought the Farrow Tech adapter and changed my setup and added a scope.

When one has a young family growing up an $$$ is tight selling a gun is sometimes the only option if you want a new one. I do have regrets on selling a few, but some I'm glad they are no longer with me...

When we were getting ready to move from Connecticut, I started taking inventory of all my hunting and fishing stuff. It's amazing how much I accumulated over the years. I gave 3 inline rifles to the pastor of our church for his kids.
His oldest daughter has become a good marksman with one of my old guns. That's payment enough for me.

When one has a young family growing up an $$$ is tight selling a gun is sometimes the only option if you want a new one. I do have regrets on selling a few, but some I'm glad they are no longer with me...
Ive had to sell some rifles and pistols in the past too. Now tho, ive got 2 kinds of guns, 1)i would never sell but ill give to someone deserving and 2) guns i would feel bad about selling cuz they’re P.O.S. and should get parted out, but it’s rare to find a ML so bad it can’t be fixed somehow.

Latest posts

Back